Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games freeze and crash, BSOD happens randomly on new build.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ohgheeslk

ohgheeslk

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:47 PM

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $179.99) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool CAPTAIN360EX 229.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $79.99) 
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z170 S ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (Purchased For $179.99) 
Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $44.88) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card  (Purchased For $359.00) 
Case: Thermaltake Core P3 Snow Edition ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $99.00) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM 64-bit  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  (Purchased For $167.95) 
Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  (Purchased For $167.95) 
External Storage: Transcend StoreJet  1TB External Hard Drive  (Purchased For $58.99) 
Total: $1553.36
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-19 22:20 EST-0500

So heres whats going on with this build.

Built as windows 7 but upgraded to windows 10 after about two days. overall, the build is about 2 weeks old.

I get random freezes, of both games, programs, and overall BSOD crashes. It started happening when I build the build on Windows 7, but I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. It doesnt matter what game Im playing, it will stop responding and crash randomly, or it will freeze and require a force close. In extreme cases, the BSOD happens.

Also, total random, awful, horrific audio scratches. Its demonic sounding mixed with robotic sounding.. Anyways, [here are my crash logs](https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ash7FmJVrBHegmBYpbHGJ80uOVW7). Can anyone help?

I couldnt get the perfmon /report .. it kept says checking for 60 seconds..after for about 25 minutes.

Anyways heres the rest.

Attached Files

Edited by ohgheeslk, 19 December 2016 - 10:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:05 PM

Btw you did you do the rounds with burn in testing on your box right ?

Would have bin the first thing i would have done if that was my hardware and i don't know why you down graded win7 to winspy10, my self as well i don't do upgrades when it comes to windows i do full wipes and re installs.

Ps: very nice hardware, think my self i would have taken more hdd space though.

#3 ohgheeslk

ohgheeslk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:33 PM

Btw you did you do the rounds with burn in testing on your box right ?

Would have bin the first thing i would have done if that was my hardware and i don't know why you down graded win7 to winspy10, my self as well i don't do upgrades when it comes to windows i do full wipes and re installs.

Ps: very nice hardware, think my self i would have taken more hdd space though.

I switched to W10 because of Halo cross platform so I could play with a cousin and a few friends online. Plus the problems happened in windows 7 as well..so as of late, it hasnt been a downgrade.

Thanks, but I dont use too much space at one time on a HDD. If im not using it that week, its not installed.

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:35 PM

Sounds like burnin testing time imho then.

#5 Dalamar

Dalamar

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:43 AM

net too slow to look at your dump but I can say this about your audio issue:

Check your dpc latency with latencymon.

If it's telling you you got issues and it's pointing to a microsoft driver or two, disable EIST and your problems will 99% go away. The past 3 computers/boards I've had needed EIST to be disabled for error-free audio. It won't increase your power draw a ton, like 7-10 watts at min and a 10 watt reduction at load (since it won't turbo anymore ...).

Of course it was a rare periodic thing.. if it's doing it that much to you, you may have a bigger issue at hand.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

No memory dumps in the uploaded reports.

No minidumps in the KernelDumpList.txt report (one memory dump in C:\Windows)

Please ensure that the system is set to create minidumps:

Upload Dump Files:
NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html
More info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 1902) dates from 2016.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a more recent update.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Only 3 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most build 14393 (1607) systems have more than this.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available Windows Updates.
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

This device doesn't have it's drivers installed:

Not Available    ACPI\PNP0A0B\2&DABA3FF&0    The drivers for this device are not installed.

I'm uncertain what this device is - I would suggest downloading and installing ALL of the available drivers on the Asus support page for your system/motherboard in order to figure out what it is and to install it's drivers.

Lot's of Live Kernel Events in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.

There are a number of audio errors and video errors also - so please update the drivers for them to the latest, W10 compatible versions

Beyond that, please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users