Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Permanent freezes (GPU problem)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Feuran

Feuran

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:37 PM

Hello. Got a new trouble using my laptop:
Whenever I use it, it uses at least 40% of GPU, and when I open browser, file explorer or so on, it just starts to make a lot of noise and use from 60 to 100% of GPU, according to Task Manager.

It wasn't the same before.

So I'm asking for your help.

Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,374 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:02 PM

GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) or CPU (Central Processing Unit)?  As far as I know you can't see how your GPU is being used in Task Manager.

A little more information about your machine would be helpful, i.e. make, model, RAM and what other issues you've been having as they may be related.

#3 Feuran

Feuran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:25 PM

СPU, sure. Sorry.

MSI ge60 2pc

Proc: i5-4200H 2.80 GHz
8gb RAM

No other issues, only freezing and lagging sometimes.

#4 Feuran

Feuran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:36 AM

So what should I do?

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,374 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

When it happens, in Task Manager click on the CPU header to sort by what is using the highest percentage of your CPU.  That should help you determine what is causing the problem.

#6 Feuran

Feuran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:46 AM

Sure, I understand :) 
The problem is I want to know, is there any side-processes I can get rid of so my laptop can work as fast as earlier

#7 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:01 AM

Depends what version of windows your using and in general windows is blotwere and you can trim a lot of fat off it.

#8 Feuran

Feuran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:06 AM

Latest win10, for instance.

#9 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:15 AM

K win10, k you wanted to see if you can get rid of some trash and or if theirs some malware installed that eating up system resorses.

Download the following plz and post some screen shots.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/download.html

To take pics of your desktop just press the print key then open up ms-paint/paste in their and edit the pic as needed, next you can upload the file to here for posting.

http://postimage.org/

As for limiting normal processes in win10 i don't know that Os and probably never will, i refused to use that version of windows so the best thing for you to do here is just do your research on the topic and see what useless processes you can disable to speed things up and or lock down the system.

#10 Feuran

Feuran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:27 AM

Attached Files

#11 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:49 AM

Good god you have like 150 proccesses going, i have under 30 my self but im in winxp and i could trim some gone if i wanted, what a mess.

k do the same thing with Security Task Manager plz and take a screen shot.

Ps: i cant see everything in that last screen shot, remember you can edit SS with ms-paint.

#12 Feuran

Feuran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:44 AM

Attached Files

#13 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:09 PM

In a nut shell that computer a mess as far as im considered, way too much junk running and probably a bad case of malware going on with a side order of virus.

btw you see the big red bars in Security Task Manager, that from user option and you have piles in the 75+ hate range.

You should run as many anti-virus/rootkit/malware detectors as you can in that mess and uninstall useless trash as well as do the rounds with some win10 guides when it comes to turning off useless processes.

Basically your computer from the pics looks infested, that's why cpu use is high and why its running badly.

if you want you can take your posts over here if you want to spend a feu weeks letting a pro help you remove trash from the computer.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

My self id just purge the hdd and reinstall.

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

Sure, I understand :) 
The problem is I want to know, is there any side-processes I can get rid of so my laptop can work as fast as earlier

You can close processes which you are currently not using.  You do have a great deal of these open.   The more processes you have running the higher the amount of resources are being used.  This higher use of processes can slow down the computer.   There is no reason for you to reinstall Windows.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users