Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking Static Ip

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rakesh3448

rakesh3448

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:04 AM

Hello,

We are using a HP Server.  We travel throughout the world  so access the server remotely.  We use a static ip to access the server when outside office. In office we work through a LAN.  At present we are using a service provider whose internet speed fluctuates very much.  We want to take one more internet connection and want speed of both connection get combined when both are working and if one is down then other work. 

We had tried TP Link dual balancing router.  It combined the speed for browsing but we could not work in outlook.

Please advise if there is any router/device/configuration which can solve our problem. 

Thanks & Regards

Rakesh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:24 PM

The short answer is no, unless your ISP has a solution.  If you're talking two different ISPs then definitely no.  Anything you would use to combine the speed would have to have a similar device on the ISP's side. 

#3 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:11 PM

I use to have one router two computers my self and would log in to the net from windows on both computers, doing it that way use to give me twin extrnal ips, worked good till my isp got pissed at me and stoped people from loging in more then once at a time on the same accout, did it too once with two diffent isp, two computers, one router, was using adsl.

#4 toofarnorth

toofarnorth

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:18 PM

peplink balance 210 (or larger models) can do what you are looking for

http://www.peplink.com/knowledgebase/understanding-inbound-load-balancing/

hth!

tfn

0 user(s) are reading this topic