Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome Browser Games

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:24 PM

Does anyone know any good Chrome games that are 3D-fullscreen Futuristic-Strategy-RTS? Currently I'm playing "Forge of Empires" & "Total Domination" --but they seem extraneously complicated. Besides that, I'm hooked on "Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances" --before I used to play the MMO on newage3.com. "Web Quake" is probably the best 3D shooter I've played. & this 3D racing game (but there was a problem with the fullscreen.) --it is called "American Racing HD" I also installed a bunch of others: "Tanx" "UNO 3DD HD" "King of Fighters" (also a non-fullscreen app.) Soldiers Inc. Doesn't work gonna try reinstalling it & check. Also "Dust and Destruction" sounds promising (nevermind couldn't figure out how to play (too quirky.)).... "Total Domination" is a broken link {--No sorry got things mixed up (flashblock was on)} --"AirMech" requires a download -shucks- (around 1 GB file --I could just download "GT Racing 2" from Windows Store!  :)

Edited by alien_fx_fiend, 18 December 2016 - 08:25 PM.

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:26 PM

I play Unity3D games now (esp. Critical Strike Portable (on Kongregate)) & I d'ld GT Racing 2, Chess Titans et. al. Really fun to play with amazing graphics. On a side note,  I also got Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary 4th Edition (Googled it) --it's free! I had it before but had to get it through torrent, but now the direct link on Google Docs was there to the rescue! Also I had to d'l Opera & then Firefox in the process of getting the Unity3D games to work --didn't want the PC to get bloated --but I'm glad I got both in the trial & error --it was well worth it --I use Opera for my MMORTS esp. taking notes in the Sidebar.

~The Worlds Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

alien.PNG

#3 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:22 AM

Well if you like Command and Conquer stile and are looking for a good RTS game then you might like age of empires II, the original game is abandonware at this point and its still going strong on a site called voobly, that is if you don't mind a game that runs in 256colors, hole game is like 200megs.

System requirements for the game are like zero in this day and age, back in the day the game could work on a 233mgz cpu and win95.

Its not a flash game though, don't know much about flash games my self, seeing as i don't have flash installed.

Here is some top players in the world in a tournament, yes we still have em and still play for cash at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trQoDyMOars

Edited by shadow_647, 07 January 2017 - 06:23 AM.

#4 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

You can't download any games can you? Even free ones?

#5 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:20 AM

Well if you like Command and Conquer stile and are looking for a good RTS game then you might like age of empires II, the original game is abandonware at this point and its still going strong on a site called voobly, that is if you don't mind a game that runs in 256colors, hole game is like 200megs.

System requirements for the game are like zero in this day and age, back in the day the game could work on a 233mgz cpu and win95.

Its not a flash game though, don't know much about flash games my self, seeing as i don't have flash installed.

Here is some top players in the world in a tournament, yes we still have em and still play for cash at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trQoDyMOars

I tried installing AOE 2: TC from my CDROM but it wouldn't work on Win 10 --the app crashed & it wasn't fullscreen anyway --I'd have to enable Forced Image Scaling on my VGA driver settings for that. Lost hope; going to try installing Contract J.A.C.K. (Just Another Contract Killer) on my computer hopefully it will work! Neither worked --I even tried Capitalism II but there's either a problem with my computer or they're really old games not designed to work with Windows 10! All I have is Minesweeper & silly games like that! Once my DVDROM drive got stuck with the CD in it whilst installing Infestation. Had to shutdown --restart wouldn't work --finally got it out Phew!

Edited by alien_fx_fiend, 08 January 2017 - 08:59 AM.

alien.PNG

#6 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:17 AM

Hack windows more bro !

Odd, only thing i remember is starting with driectX9~10 directdraw was changed to direct2D and all kinds of hell happened and ya newer Os blows, i know lots can play age of emp II on win7.

Past winXP windows couldn't do 256 colors right, guess 256 colors was too advaced for the Os.

http://www.voobly.com/

Dude your missing the fun, just checked player base on voobly on a Sunday and theirs piles of us, only need 8 people for a 4v4.

age_of_emp_voobly_players.jpg

Were like 2500 people !

Edited by hamluis, 18 June 2017 - 07:45 AM.
Merged posts - Hamluis.

#7 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

You don't need to tell me to play AOE II: TC dude --I used to play it religiously on my desktop --literally non-stop --I'm a hardcore fan of the entire series (even wrote an early strat guide for it.) Now my Dell lappy can't handle games --it's low-range. I used to be Teutons once & Korean other time; Ally was Goths (they are pretty) or Viking --I remember my last match [/w the AI] clearly --it was hoarding War Elephants, Monks, & Onagers --I didn't get too far to attack it --I ruled the seas though (Cannon Galleons + War Turtles) & walled-up my island base & started mining resources on all the islands near the enemy's & thereby cornering 'em. The Ally's Viking Longboat was impressive too --picking off the enemy. I also devised Trading ships between the Ally & me. I think Huns are the best (they don't need houses & the Huskarls are fast & light.) Also, I prefer Star Wars: Galactic Battle Grounds (& Clone Campaigns expansion pack.) They're a nice twist of AOE --futuristic game /w aircrafts & stuff. Also I enjoyed playing Empire Earth: The Art of Conquest; the gfx were nice & the variety was better (2000 units pop cap) --AOE pop cap (200) was pathetic --this one's better --was going to d'l Empire Earth 3, Red Alert 3, Tiberium Wars, Caesar 4, et. al. Urban Terror is also good FPS but right now --no games work on my Win 10 cheapass Celeron processor.

Okay I will try d'ling it (the HD version --might have it on torrent)! Thanks pal! Which is the latest [HD] expansion pack --African Kingdoms?

Edited by hamluis, 18 June 2017 - 07:46 AM.

alien.PNG

#8 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:19 AM

Cool to see your a old vet of age of emp II hehe sadly your still going to get owned on voobly i think, stick with new player loby for a wile if you join us and see if you can make it to 1400 rate, if you can you can come join me in the pro room for that game, starting rate is 1600 for the pro room and just to hold 1600 rate with 100 games my self i find it hard, people are just so freaking good at the game its not funny.

Players like the viper are like 2400rate.

No idea the HD version is not the same as the classic version and is a steam game, i doubt you can download it and i dont know if your allowed to play it for free, its not 100% the same game as well and from what i understand their all noobs in age of emp II HD vs the players on voobly, i know my self and we all play for rate i was at 1400 rate in new player loby some time ago and i killed a 2000 rate HD player on Arabia 1v1, spanked him good, he claimed he was 2000 rate HD and that made me laff.

All the real players are playing the original game on voobly.

All the hot keys are different in HD vs classic as well, that tends to drive everyone up the wall when that change from one version to the other, don't know why this was done.

What you say your laptop was, just wondering if its possible to upgrade it to win7 and if theirs win7 drivers for it out their, so many people are having problems with games in win10 its not funny.

#9 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:21 PM

Yeah I tried running Command and Conquer: Generals: Zero Hour & it crashed with a "Serious Error" warning --maybe it's the VGA settings I don't know. But the positive thing in all this is I fixed my "Image Scale to Fullscreen" so now all apps run in fullscreen --before the option "Override Application Settings" would reset --but I found out on YouTube that you have to set your resolution to minimum & then change the "Image Scaling to Fullscreen [Override Application]" Settings. Before the games\ movies would be smaller than the screen width & annoyed me greatly --it wouldn't stretch. I tested it in Monopoly 2008 (love that game --it's a 3d fullscreen game.) Also the Zero Hour app was stretching to fit the HD lappy screen --which is a good thing --don't have to worry about changing this setting everytime --though I noticed when watching movies the screen resolution is muuuch lower! Anyway I'm going to uninstall this real quick. Ironically, I can play GT Racing 2 just fine! This is a cheapass ripoff!!...! I don't think AOE 2 HD: Rise of the Rajas [expansion pack] would work on this either --oh well I have Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances (browser-based) so no worries --I'm running low on disk space too. Thanks for listening to my rambling.. Ha-ha !
P.S: I forgot to mention I placed Bombard Towers in groups every few spaces --invincible defense! (Yeah I'm a defensive\ economic boomer type --though I've been known to rush in the past (like in Empire Earth: Art of Conquest.) Oh & my laptop is a "Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series 3543" with Celeron processor (really low-end.) **It crashes during the intro video --hollon I will try it with the other two files --didn't copy\ paste them. :{ (Empire Earth has no Castle --only Hill Fort, & they suck!)

AOE II HD error "FATAL: Storage Point #3 'Logs\' does not exist." So I searched the net for it --said to run in "XP SP2 Compatibility Mode" with "Run As Administrator" selected & it worked!! I now have AOK II HD: Rise of The Rajas w00t! It also installed a bunch of other stuff I needed like Direct X, VC Redist & stuff. Thanks for encouraging me to get it! I'll have something to do all day --bored stiff! Anyway the specs are pretty low since this is a 1998 game re-made in 12/2015. File size: 2 GB Hrm AOE used to be just 500 MB but the scrolling is awesome in this game --no voices, but the bg music is modern. ***I remember making scenarios for AOE II TC (Capture the flag\ Defend the castle type.) I meant to do scripting too, but triggers were easier. Do you do any of that? I wish i had a way of saving my maps & recorded games.. I'm watching this:  (Rise of the Rajas (recorded game)\ Review.) --by Spirit of The Law --I'm digging some of his current work! Pop Cap at 200 is still a big issue though --coming from an Empire Earth player (1500 units (though only 300-450 in practice.)) ***I liked playing Post-Imperial Age (all units\ Wonder race + defense.) Gotta check for cheat codes lol.

Hrm I was thinking of getting OpenRA but I'm not a huge fan of Red Alert --the original game i.e. (love RA2: YR!) Think I might wait for Tiberian Sun mod which is under development but don't know when it'll be finished! Sorry for deviating from the topic title. I can't seem to find an RTS that works on Win 10.. It says [release] 13.84 MB though I'm not so sure..

Edited by hamluis, 18 June 2017 - 07:48 AM.
Merged posts - Hamluis.

alien.PNG

#10 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

Ya i remember going from warcraft2 to the first ever command & conquer when the very first one came out on like 66mgz cpu computers in DOS, it was epic for its time ,sadly best i can tell the C&C games mostly stayed the same over time and didn't change all that much besides graphics and warcracft3 is in that stile of RTS so is the first star craft, why i never really got in to it.

I find as well that starcraft2 is kind of basic when it comes to tactics though i should probably get a copy of that, from what i hear theirs a lot of players online for that game even if it is old at this point, hell their probably still people playing the first star craft but the tactics in that game seem limited compared to what you can do in say a game like age of emp II or empire earth.

Sadly last i checked their wasn't really any players online for empire earth 1&2 sadly that game was so over the top and hardcore it scared most people away from the game, game was like CIV games only real time.

You ever platy any of the home world games ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4w50Gs5jZ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Ka_Qsf5S8

I have the original cd for this game as well, maybe you might like it but its single player only and has now become freeware.

https://wz2100.net/

Ps i just play the old stuff, don't know whats going down with the new stuff and im still in winXP

Edited by shadow_647, 13 January 2017 - 10:21 AM.

#11 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:44 PM

I just got OpenRA from a secret source with the Developer titles Tiberian Sun & Shattered Paradise mod. Usually the TS is undisclosed & in the making.. Anyway it was awesome --played the same music I know & love. I already had RA 1 but it was too difficult I think someone edited the ini on that CD & stats are crazy --get wiped out by a truck early in the game! TS is still in development though.
& no Starcraft was too difficult (the Skirmish games --so I never really liked it much --except for the lovely units & quotes --the gfx weren't half as bad though I would get killed by an early 10 Marines rush --only way to defend that is with deployed Siege Tanks (if you have nerves of steel & are quick enough to make them.). I also never played "HomeWorld." I miss EA Fighter Pilot & Army Men: Sarges Heroes 2 --both 3D.
I will play this (Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun (TS)) for some time I think --I went to the Freenode channel #openra & they told me only two are developing the game & in their spare time so it could take months to polish the game. But I got some early behind-the-scenes [directors cut] TS mod. RA (Red Alert) was crazy --wiped me off the map in mins. At least I fixed the Image Scaling to Fullscreen bug I had --now I don't miss out on Fullscreen games! OpenRA (13.86 MB) had to download some installation files from the net or from installation media (CD) which was around ~9-15 MB (core content + music.) Have fun brother! Oh & I saw AOE HD on voobly but it somehow disappeared. **I was pleasantly surprised to find that AOE 2 HD has a Pop Cap of 500!! No more griping about insufficient villager bottlenecks.

Edited by hamluis, 18 June 2017 - 07:49 AM.

alien.PNG

#12 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

Lol you can put it to 1000 pop on voobly but no one gos their ,and their is some mod i think on voobly to play age of emp II HD, not shore how that works though.

By the way to you like emulators ?

#13 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

Yeah I do love emulators --played around with lotta games back then --Sega ROMs on K-Fusion (Earthworm Jim, Comix Zone) & James Bond: Golden Eye (or something) on a Nintendo64 emulator. My fav was King Of Fighters 2002 (on Neo Geo X)! Mame was also a nice emulator. Sad to know Age of Empires Online shutdown. :{ UPDATE: The Banshee is better but the Devils Tongue & Subterranean APC doesn't go underground! (OpenRA TS.) Gotta report that bug.

alien.PNG

#14 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:30 PM

Ya same, i have it all "full rom sets" for just about everything n64 or older and full mame romset and a game pad that's a clone of the Sony ps1 pad or something like it, still play NES and super Nintendo stuff at times, nothing tops super mario 3 i swair lol.

Hay do you like the old 3d shooters like doom2 ? theirs some nice mods for em out their for em so you can play at high res and have mouse support and it runs in openGL at mega fps.

#15 alien_fx_fiend

alien_fx_fiend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:05 AM

I used to play Doom (Evilution & Plutonia Experiment) + Heretic --but that was before my desktop broke. Right now I have nothing. I'd play Urban Terror (CS-like FPS) but I'am afraid of what might happen if they lose their fanbase (since it's Multiplayer.) Anyway I might get games I can play soon... I have planned it all. Till then, I'll play Critical Strike & CS Portable 3 on Unity3D Web Player (the CS_Mansion in Critical Strike & Desert-like training map on CS Portable 3 are both awesome!).

alien.PNG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users