Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

5.exe ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 raindy88

raindy88

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:52 AM

my avg anti-virus free edition detect a virus which is --> 5.exe in c:/...../locals~1/temp. i heal and put it into virus vult again and again and the anti-virus still keep show tat it detect a virus....... what should i do ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:10 AM

Hello raindy88

If your running Win XP/2000, download and scan with Ewido Anti-Spyware v4.0 in "SAFE MODE".
Print out the Ewido Install and Scan Instructions.

Run a full system scan with AVG while in safe mode as well.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 raindy88

raindy88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:37 AM

i did it say u told me, i scan my computer in save mode and i deleted it, but after i restart my computer eidows anti-spyware detect the "5.exe" again....

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:57 AM

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop. DO NOT use yet.
Please download DrWeb-CureIt & save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.

Reboot your computer in SAFE MODE" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup [but before the Windows icon appears] press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you use Firefox browserClick Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
If you use Opera browserClick Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Then scan with DrWeb-CureIt as follows:
1. Double-click on drweb-cureit.exe to start the program.
2. An "Express Scan of your PC" notice will appear. Under "Start the Express Scan Now", Click "OK" to start.
3. Click "Select drives" and then click the "Start/Stop Scanning" button (green arrow on the right) to start.
4. When done a message will be displayed at the bottom advising if any viruses were found.
5. Click "Yes to all" if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
6. A log file will be created in C:\Documents and Settings\username\DoctorWeb\CureIt.log
7. Any quarantined files will be sent to C:\Documents and Settings\username\DoctorWeb\Quarantine.
8. Exit the program and reboot normally.

If this does not resolve the problem then I will direct you on how to post a hijackthis log.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users