Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Reboot Loop unreadable error msgs, Can't boot into drive.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DrOak

DrOak

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

So since my last post of problems, I decided to build a new PC, I brought over the SSD drive and the 3.5 Drives and Video card. Since all passed previous tested outlined for users to test for hardware fails.

Anywho.

System was running along just fine,
I think maybe there was a few driver/system updates that Windows 10 took care of automatically, a few hours later the computer crashes with a blue screen.

At first i gave me different errors on each BSOD reboot loop.

Then it was directing towards faulting mem space ussage on RAM or Drive, So i memtested RAM, came up faulty, replaced with new RAM, still same error. having to do with NTFS.sys

So i attached my SSD to my laptop, ran CHDSK, SFC ect. It found and fixed some errors, great!

Put the SSD back into my case, and now were at unreadable BSOD msgs. Still cant get INTO windows, automatic repair just loops to a BSOD, and using a windows 10 rescue usb results in the same.

The only Access I seem to have to the drive is when i connect it to my laptop, Is there any MBR things I should look into? I cant run any cmd lines from the drive when its in my case so this is very difficult to problem solve.

My guts telling me it was bad drivers, I would love to restore my computer to a previous point, but the troubleshooting/automatic repair prompts dont come up for me to run a restore point.

here are the current 2 most legible BSOD screens attached!

Attached File  20161218_130028.jpg   58.14KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20161218_125630.jpg   36.45KB   0 downloads

:::UPDATE:::

RAM SIDE NOTE:

I'm recieving the same type of errors on the new RAM, is this even an error? Could someone who knows memtest please decypher this for me?

Attached File  20161219_020220.jpg   107.98KB   0 downloads

I've tried rebuilding the bootrec and all, when i tried to rebuildbcd at the step where I rename the boot files, no folder exsist on the drive "c:\boot\bcd" or "c:\boot\" So im not sure if thats an indicator.

Also the most reoccouring legible BSOD reads:

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

or so it appears to say. Doesnt show me which file it is or anything.

Is there a manual way to system restore? keep in mind, I cant enter troubleshoot repair mode when SSD is in its own case, and I can only run CMDs on it when its attached via external drive to my laptop. I can see and navigate all the files.

I'm really at my witts end, I don't know what to do, please help!

If there is any info I can provide to help problem solve this please let me know!

Thank you!

Edited by DrOak, 19 December 2016 - 09:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:52 PM

Please excuse my delay in responding - I've been having a number of personal issues, and now my left arm/hand is in a cast :(

If you run CHKDSK and it "repairs" sectors - it may be overwriting Windows system files (which may prevent the system from booting).

If you're getting errors on the new RAM, then it may be the slots (or the motherboard) that has problems.

Test all the sticks (singly) in the first slot.

Once you find one that passes, test it in all the other slots

I'd suggest testing all the hardware first, then doing a clean install of W10 (if that's the OS that you're using)

If you have data that you want to save, I'd suggest slaving the drive to another (working) computer and copy it off that way.

You can download a free copy of the Media Creation Tool and W10 from here:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Edited by usasma, 20 December 2016 - 05:53 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users