Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Please help burning DVD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ajmjmb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:12 PM

This shouldn't be as hard as it is, and I really need help. Trying to burn Christmas Picture Slideshows for my family in DVD format on discs. Videos were created in Movavi Slideshow creator and are formatted as the correct .vob extension.

I'm trying to burn them to DVDs using Ashampoo Burning Studio, but having major problems. When I go to select the files to burn the disc, the first message says:

"Please select the folder that contains the DVD-Video files. The folder must contain VOB, IFO, and BUP files which are usually created by DVD authoring software. The folder is often called VIDEO_TS."

When I select the folder that contains my .vob file, this error pops up- "The selected folder does not contain DVD-Video Files" Even though my file is clearly in there and the right format. It allows me to burn it as a data disc that will play on a computer, but I need it to work on a standard DVD player.

I also tried it through normal burning on Windows 10 and I'm getting errors there too. Is there some easier way for me to get this done? I'm really in a time crunch. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:31 PM

Most DVD players cannot read AVI/RM/RMVB... etc. files directly. To be able to watch such videos on the TV, 
you must first convert them to a format that the DVD player can understand. This format is MPEG-2. MPEG-1 
is also readable by DVD Players, but they have much lower quality.
Some players contains also so called DivX codecs so they can play some more formats and also compressed formats.
So, if you want to use the DVD player, you need to convert the videos to DVD format.
You can use for example Movavi Video Converter https://www.movavi.com/videoconverter/

#3 Nouvest

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:35 AM

:love4u: I think you need a grabbing tool that can help you grab the contents of the dvd because  DVD players cannot read some formats, for instance, avi,mkv,mov and other formats. I downloaded few of software, such as dvdfab, dvdripper :guitar: ,maybe you should have a try. If it is still not work, maybe you should convert format firstly, I remember I downloaded a program free from this article avi converter, if you want, you also can try it.  :bounce:

#4 nickos

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

please, let me give my solution

try to import your photos in windows media maker with all the transient effects you need and save your video in windows media 

then simply open ashampoo and choose burn movies - movies and dvd authoring for dvd 

choose dvd next - pal or ntsc - 16 :9 widescreen next - add your movie...

i am not sure about the difference between slide show and dvd movie

good luck my friend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users