Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Monitor Specs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Draumalfr

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:03 AM

I have bought a monitor to link to my PC. I have an ASUS K53E notebook and have just bought a Hans Spree 21.5” monitor to connect to it. I’m uncertain of my choice for the following reasons:

My computer screen resolution is 1366 x 768. My monitor specs state up to 1920 x 1080, so are they incompatible.

I have not received an operator’s manual, and the internet site does not link to the manual it states it has, so I’m running this blind. So when I’ve followed the ritual I have realized works, and got a picture on my monitor, which is not hideously distorted i.e., fat, I have no screen icons — I can work round this, but the picture on the screen for streaming is partially blurred. Or I can do a different dance, and invoke a god of the waxing moon and get a widescreen picture with a bunch of fat people really getting on each other’s wicks (TV drama — widescreen version).

Should I simply trade this monitor in for one with a 1366 x 768 pixel resolution for much better compatibility?

Edited by Draumalfr, 18 December 2016 - 10:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:22 PM

Do a search on the net for how to change screen res in for your version of windows bro, not hard to do.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,070 posts
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:57 PM

Both these screens have the same aspect ratio -  768/1366 = 1080/1920 = 0.562 - so you should not be getting 'fat' images but, as Shadow said, if you want to use the monitor as your main image viewer then you need to set the display to 1920x1080 on the external monitor. 'Control panel - Display - Resolution'.

You should only have problems if you are trying to use both screens at the same time, very few computers as I understand it can output more than one resolution at a time.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,285 posts
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:12 PM

I guess the first question to ask is how do you want to use the new monitor?

Do you want to use both at the same time?  Provided you extend your desktop to the second monitor and not duplicate you should be able to run each screen at its own resolution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users