Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

swift pc optimizer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 londas

londas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:10 AM

I have tried various free antivirus programs to remove Swift PC optimizer. None have found it using all the scans. Is it a rootkit problem or something found by spyware? It is not listed in control panel programs. I would like to update an antivirus program. I have Avast, but am not sure if it will detect it after paying for the update. Does anyone have any recommendations or antivirus program for removing this malicious program?

Cheers

Edited by hamluis, 18 December 2016 - 08:58 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:37 AM

I have tried various free antivirus programs to remove Swift PC optimizer. None have found it using all the scans. Is it a rootkit problem or something found by spyware? It is not listed in control panel programs. I would like to update an antivirus program. I have Avast, but am not sure if it will detect it after paying for the update. Does anyone have any recommendations or antivirus program for removing this malicious program?

Cheers

have you tried removing it from safe mode with networking ?

Twitter

Discord:inkoalawetrust#9783

Website

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,935 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:17 AM

While I consider all registry cleaning and optimizing programs unnecessary, not all of them are considered potentially unwanted programs. Some are even hosted on reputable third-party hosting sites. In those cases, the anti-virus most likely would not detect or remove anything.

The correct way to remove most programs is from within its program group Uninstall shortcut in Start Menu > All Programs or by using Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs) in Control Panel, so always check there first. In most cases, using the uninstaller of the software not only removes it more effectively, but it also restores many changed configuration settings. Important! Reboot when done and delete the Program folder if it still exists.

Keep in mind that not all programs show up in Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features in Control Panel. Some will have their own uninstaller, which can be found in the program's folder via Windows Explorer or Start Menu > All Programs without the need to register in that location. This is typically by design as some vendors write installation routines so their program intentionally will not be included in the Add/Remove list. If the program is not listed in Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs) look for an uninstall icon (shortcut) from within its program group. Click on Start > All Programs (or Program Files), look for the program folder by name and use the program's uninstaller. If it's not there, the next step would be to open Window's Explorer, manually navigate to the program's folder itself, look for an uninstaller file (i.e. uninstall.exe) and double-click on it to run.

Note: Some programs can be difficult to remove completely due to the presence of related services and processes running in the background. Sometimes the uninstall works more effectively if you first stop and disable the program's service or perform the removal in safe mode so there are less processes which can interfere with the uninstallation.

After uninstallation, then you can run specialized tools like Malwarebytes 3.0, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Hitman Pro, AdwCleaner and JRT (Junkware Removal Tool) to fix any remaining entries they may find. These tools will search for and remove many potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), adware, toolbars, browser hijackers, extensions, add-ons and other junkware as well as related registry entries (values, keys) and remnants. They also remove related files and folders wherever they hide...to include those within the AppData folder and elsewhere.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 vishnou

vishnou

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

@londas,
Seems like you're facing issue regarding uninstalling a Computer cleaning utility (Swift PC Optimizer). Your system isn't infected but facing few technical issues. You need to scan your whole system regarding this. You can restore system from a backup point or follow the instruction given by moderator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users