Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Black Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bracdaddy

bracdaddy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:01 PM

Brand new laptop. open out of the box turn on setup windows surf the web for about a hour then i turned it off using the shut down option in the start menu. about a hour later i hit the power button and the computer turns on the but the monitor is completely black.

Laptop:

Dell Latitude e5570

16gb ram

intel i7-6600u

What ive tried:

1. reboot by holding the power button for 30 seconds

2. plug in hdmi cord to see if the computer still worked. (computer works when plugged into hdmi cable to my tv)

3. toggle screen displays to make sure its not on projector mode

4. boot in safe mode to check drivers on graphics card

Laptop does not have an easy remove battery on the bottom.

How can i fix this do i need to open the case and see if theres a loose wire to the monitor?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:05 PM

RMA...warranty issue, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users