I'm looking for recommendations on cooling and a case for a build with the following requirements:
- Intel I7-6700K (will probably wait for I7-7700K in January; assuming that cooling/case requirements won't change)
- nVidia GeForce GTX 1080
- 64GB RAM
- At least one Thunderbolt 3 port
- Two M.2 ports, compatible with HP Z Turbo Drive G2 or equivalent
Based on this, I have narrowed down the motherboard to one of these two (again, will probably wait for the Z270 equivalents in January):
- Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming GT
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula
I am NOT planning to overclock any of the above components. You should assume that the maximum power requirements are the out-of-the-box requirements for all of the above.
There are no budget restrictions per se -- I want to see what's possible.
With the case and cooling fan(s), I want to optimize for the following, roughly in this order with #1 as most important and #7 as least important:
- Ease of building the system
- Minimum number of cooling components/simpler cooling components/smaller cooling components
- Low Weight
- Low Noise (I'm assuming I can get a reasonably-quiet system without having to make trade offs with 1-3 above, but let me know if otherwise)
- Smaller Case Size (but not at the expense of any of the above)
- Transparent case with LEDs that change dynamically based on temperature (but not at the expense of any of the above)
- Ease of cleaning (e.g. removable dust filter or equivalent)
I very much want to exploit the fact that I won't be overclocking anything. I just want to take cooling off the table as an issue affecting system reliability. So for example, if there is a simple, lightweight, quiet air cooler that satisfies the TDP requirement of 95W for the I7-7700K, that's the kind of thing that I want. Likewise, if there is a lightweight, small, quiet case that's very easy to work with, and meets the system's overall cooling requirements, that's what I'm looking for.
Thanks in advance for any recommendations you might have.