Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BDXL Discs & Reader/Burner

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Campo1988

Campo1988

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:23 PM

Hi.

I am having confusing trouble trying to find a decent external BDXL reader and writer combo with compatible BDXL discs.

Can someone recommend to me a website which sells both external a BDXL reader/writer combo and compatible BDXL discs, please? I have looked and I found Amazon, among others who I've not heard of before, but it comes up with so much extra CD+ CD- CD-R CD-RW DVD+ DVD- DVD-R DVD-RW BD+ BD- BD-R BD-RW BDXL+ BDXL- BDXL-R BDXL-RW superswipe full calliber 9.5" shotgun ammo sooper-dooper-technical-termser double-coat hot wax for fine liners on your sportscat and dilithium crystals for your hyperspace warp... stuff. If it is BD, then it is better than DVD; CD; Tape Cassette; Vinyl; VHS; Betamax; etc., so there's no need to mention everything else.

Can you please show me a simple, clear link to a reputable external BDXL reader/writer with compatible BDXL discs, without all of the extra things? If it's possible, could you include the BDXL discs to be 128 GB rather than 100 GB? From what I read, it seems that 100 GB discs are more likely to be used than 128 GB ones.

The reason I need this is because my external 2 TB WD Elements drive has started to not want to work properly, and I fear I will lose all of my data on it soon, so I need somewhere else to store my things, and so I decided on BDXL discs.

Please and thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:01 PM

https://www.amazon.com/Computer-International-External-Blu-Ray-SBW-06D2X-U/dp/B007581HIO

Possibly Enlightening .

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 18 December 2016 - 05:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users