Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Air is available for Ubuntu 12.04-16.10 & Linux Mint 13 through 18!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

This is a good find, and may with Adobe Air, you're in good company (over 500 million strong, an all around excellent tool for graphics for games, 2D/3D acceleration that gives a great boost in graphics. Used by many brands. 

One can also play high quality HD video with industry standard codecs such as H.264, AAC & MP3. Please read the article closely to be sure & select the proper version (32 or 64 bit version) for your OS. 

Read on for more about what Adobe Air may (or may not) do for you! :)

http://www.noobslab.com/2015/05/adobeair-is-now-available-for-ubuntu.html

Cat

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:19 PM

As can be seen, this trick really works! :thumbup2:

fv2VhNz.png

However, I used the commands below the 32/64 bit ones (the below are two separate lines of code & my systems are 64 bit), it installs just like on Windows, initially downloading through the Terminal, the real look & feel upon install. Be sure to click Finish in the Adobe Air installer box so that the Terminal operation will complete. :)

>>>Available for Ubuntu 16.04/14.04/12.04/Linux Mint 18/17/13
To install AdobeAir in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the terminal:
Terminal Commands:
chmod +x adobe-air.sh;sudo ./adobe-air.sh

LteZApA.png

Who says that Linux users can't access the good software choices? :)

Cat

Edited by cat1092, 17 December 2016 - 02:22 PM.

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

#3 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,334 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:43 PM

knew you would come begging back to linux adobe once your crap pracices backfired thanks to the windows 10 and 8 backlash

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

8spxh0-6.png

#4 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 7,018 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:30 AM

knew you would come begging back to linux adobe once your crap pracices backfired thanks to the windows 10 and 8 backlash

What practices were those? :)

I'm a near 100% Linux Mint user for my own personal use, mainly run Windows to assist others, to have some upgrade cash, and for bragging rights on forums (hardware related). By instinct, most knows what a Speccy link is, few will know what all of that 'inxi -Fx' code means (unless a Linux user). Try posting that on Overclock.net & see what type of greeting/response one receives. Saving up for yet another GTX 10 series GPU (on promo may be a 2nd 1070) & 4K UHD monitor. What am I supposed to do, tell those who calls on me for Windows repairs to stuff it, just because my main gig is Linux? :P

Many PC shops also uses Linux tools to repair Linux installs, and Windows end users runs Linux software to some extent (think a bootable MiniTool Partition Wizard CD or Parted Magic for secure erasing SSD's). Both, as well as many other tools, are Linux based & the Linux user gets just as much out of Parted Magic as a Windows one, 100% secure erased in under a minute w/no hope of recovery (as long as the 'Enhanced Secure Erase isn't chosen, which doesn't clear all, though takes as long) & 100% rejuvenated Flash cells. 

Remember, it was Adobe who abandoned Linux users years back as though a thief in the night after getting updates for over two years, as I'm sure you're well aware of, so they're the ones on the 'begging' side as their support is waning in favor of HTML5. :)

And I haven't forgotten what Adobe did, nor forgave them, it's just that for now, we work with what we can get our hands on until something better comes along. Too bad that that the original Opera team & Mozilla were the HTML5 pioneers, and now Adobe & Microsoft, in usual fashion, are coming in & taking the credit for work that they didn't begin. :(

Still, this shouldn't be a distraction from the Topic, Adobe Air can now by enjoyed by Linux users, just as much as every other OS brand, to include smartphone owners, uses. :)

Cat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users