Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Grey/white screen, computer partially working

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Aireil

Aireil

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:23 AM

Hello,

I think I posted in the wrong section, if someone could delete this thread, thank you :).

I'm facing a new problem with my computer.
Since Sunday, I have random grey/white screen, my audio freeze and I have to shut the psu off to be able to reboot it.

When I reboot it, all the fans start working (my graphic card lights up), no strange noise or anything, like usual, except for the fact that it doesn't actually boot.
My keyboard & mouse won't light up, the screen recognise that something happens (it "wakes up"), but nothing appears.

The only way to shut it down is to hold the power button (not good, but no choice :/).

The first time, I thought my computer just died, I wasn't expecting anything after trying several times to boot it.

The next day, I start it and it works like a charm, everything lights up and it's working like the first day until it inevitably crashes again.

Same thing, doesn't boot, next day, first try still nothing, 1 hours later, it works...

After another crash, I decided to test some things, the first thing I tried was to unplug the graphic card and starts it without one. It did work, everything went fine without the graphic card.

I'm rather surprised about that, why the graphic card holds everything (even the peripheral devices) if it's not working properly?

I've tried another card and it does work with it (it's a less powerful one).

I can understand if the card is dead, but it isn't really dead if it revives, right? :o

The event viewer doesn't register anything when the computer doesn't boot (just lights up).

I'm writing this without my graphic card plugged, so I'm not sure if the "usual" tests are relevant even without it?

I've attached a HWMonitor report, maybe it's irrelevant, but I was wondering if everything is OK with my psu.

I'm sorry if it's hard to read, as you can tell, English isn't my native language :-).

Thank you.

EDIT :

Here is my computer :

Built in 2012

CPU : Intel Core I5 4670 3.40 GHz

GPU : AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

Motherboard : ASRock B85 Pro4
RAM : Crucial Ballistix 2 x 4 Go

Attached Files

Edited by Aireil, 17 December 2016 - 05:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users