Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC wont Boot at all but still powers on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RangaMan

RangaMan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:30 AM

I Attempted to boot into safe mode through msconfig and proceeded to restart PC but it has failed to boot and nothing shows on the monitor even though i can see inside the PC that components are still working.i have repeatedly tried to turn the PC off then on again to try and boot but nothing will show on the screen after a few hours of trying. Can someone please help me ? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:34 AM

Preserve personal files and folders and do a clean install. It is the fastest way to get everything correctly to work. If there are such symptoms, the Windows is probably capitally corrupted and there is not nothing  improve.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:44 AM

You can download Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. Boot the disk. Select Repair Computer in the lower left Window. See if you can do a System Restore. Follow the steps in this guide but do a System Restore, not Repair.

If there are no restore points you replacing the registry HIVES in the Regback folder if their date is before you going to Safe Mode may let you boot.

#4 Nightspear

Nightspear

• Members
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:28 PM

I have seen the reinstall answer way to much in here lately. Does anyone do actual troubleshooting anymore?

You have power so that is a start. Power off and unplug anytime you get into the guts of your pc. It never hurts to hold the power button after power source is eliminated to cycle out any residual power either.

Open you pc case and unplug anything that has a cord coming from the power supply unit (PSU), except motherboard (may have 2 plugs), hdd, and and graphic card if it requires a power source(may have a chip and not a card). With only these 3 items plugged in, power on the pc. If it works it's something that you unplugged or the PSU is going bad. plug things in one at time to determine the culprit. Once found, swap plug in order with know good device to verify. if culprit is now working your PSU is dying.

If you can get into safe mode or the recovery console, open command prompt and type bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot and press enter to exit safe mode and restart to start normally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users