Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello I pleb from Xbox need help building my first pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Quarim

Quarim

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:42 AM

So am not really building the pc am choosing the parts. So there's this site that has a offer they will build your pc and ship it to you but I don't know anything about parts but I have tried to read stuff on the internet but I'm stuck on the cover bit , the power ( don't which is best for a first timer the rm1000i or the rm750x/i) and the DDR4 thing. The store offers you a selection off options in every category of the build plus you get a Xbox one elite controller for free. I haven't decided on the cooler because the cooler the store offers seams pretty expensie. It's the Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 120. So right now I'm choosing between the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO or MasterLiquid 120 the store offers.. Here are links to the Swedish store (use translate so u don't get confused) and to pc partpicker.
https://www.komplett.se/komplett-gamer-xtreme-i65/11125 And press konfigurera(the cogwheel)
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/cYQgr7

Edited by Quarim, 17 December 2016 - 01:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:49 AM

What are you going to be using your computer for? Assuming it's for gaming, what games are you planning on playing?

#3 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:06 PM

Answer to those and we get started, system you chose is probably very unsuitable for your use...

Laptop or Desktop?

My budget for the new computer is:

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)?

What software do you intend on using on the computer?

Do you play games? If so, what type of games?

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it?

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?

Will you be overclocking?

Location for online shopping/shipment/prices?

How many monitors are you planning to use?

Do you need peripherals? OS?

Any particular reason why you are upgrading?

Edited by Drillingmachine, 17 December 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#4 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

With this link here to a lower priced but completely configrable system you can then pick your mobo/cpu/gpu/hdd/ssd etc and everything else and get exactly what you want. I notice Klompett likes to pidgeon-hole prospective buyers with a pre-built with ddr4 2133 onlly on the intel systems. With that link you can start at a lower base price and get what you want including a nice choice of motherboards/CPU's/ and DDR4 (if you're going to use a Z170 I would advise you get something like DDR4 2666-3000).

From your initial selection I can already tell you will be gaming but you could be more specific to what the users above asked about what type of games you will play, and what resolutions, what quality settings you want (maxed/high/medium), how much storage you want, how fast you want your initial HD/SSD to be, and what other items you need (eg keyboards, nice, display etc. From that pint they can help you configure a system on that site, or if you like (and you can) build it yourself.

Edited by Zone_86, 17 December 2016 - 06:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users