Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Low FPS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PotatoCorgi

PotatoCorgi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:21 PM

Hi,

I'm not much of a computer guy, but I need help and I hope I'm not spitting out total non-sense.

PC: ASUS X550DP laptop (win10)

Specs: AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon HD graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.5 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 8600M series and AMD Radeon HD 8650G

8GB RAM

I play few games like LoL and Titanfall, but I've been having this problem recently, where my FPS is super low, like around 5-10. It started happening around 3 months ago, a month ago I took it to fixing to fix a problem of the computer shutting down shortly after boot up (it was a problem with one of the mother board's microschemes), I got it back just yesterday, but the FPS when playing has dropped tremendously (as I said, 5-10FPS)

Driver AMD Radeon HD 8600M displays error 43

I tried uninstalling and installing it back and updating it, but none of those worked (Could be that I didn't do it correctly, not much of a compuer guy)

The error message disappears when I reinstall, but reappears after playing games

I own this laptop for about 3-4 years, so it hasn't been too long

What do I do?

(Sorry if the terminology isn't correct or I made grammatical mistakes. Also this is my first time posting here or on any other forums)

Edited by PotatoCorgi, 16 December 2016 - 01:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:28 PM

First, download the latest AMD drivers

Then, download this: Wagnard's Display Driver Uninstaller - this is a GPU driver cleaner, it will definitely remove your GPU drivers, unlike official uninstallers. Note: There are some deceptive ads on the forum page.

• Run Wagnard's DDU - it may create a number of files in the same directory, like a .zip file, so you may have to run it in its own folder
  • Run the application, "DDU.exe" I believe is the name
  • Select the "best option", Safe Mode and Reboot
  • After the computer reboots to safe mode, run DDU if it does not open automatically
  • Choose the "best option", clean install and reboot I think it is called
  • After restarting install the AMD driver you downloaded first
  • Restart if prompted

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users