Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ddns Help Plz

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vaioman1

vaioman1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 27 August 2006 - 10:42 PM

HELLO EVERYONE

i have a DI-624 router....

this weekend i was working on getting my DDNS name up and running... but i can not get it to work

my account on the www.dyndns.com site to me looks all set. I am using the Dynamic free service they offer since i have DSL .. the ip is updated and is right every time my ip changes according to the website

in my router under the DDNS TAB there are five lines that need to be configured very simple ( i think)

1st enable
2nd server address (which is dyndns.org)
3rd hostname (myname.dyndns.org)
4th username (which is my username from the dyndns.com website)
5th (password for that account on the dyndns website)

There must be some thing i missed in the router... i really want to get this set up maybe a port number? i dunno it has to be something simple

plz plz i really need some help

thanks for your time

any ideas u have i would love to hear

thank you again!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 lucent

lucent

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:03 AM

Hello vaioman1, Have you set up port forwarding on your router to your forward traffic to your server port (80?). Sorry i haven't got much time to look up how to get to it on your router but it should be on the configuration page somewhere e.g 192.168.*.1 or something similar to access you gateway config page. I think you know how to get there already though by the sounds of it.
Cheers, Lucent.
Posted Image
Special thanks to efizzer for the signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users