Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

H E L P

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TroyCee

TroyCee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 AM

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:30 AM

I'm not sure what on this piece of turf is going on, but our desktop PC Went haywire in the past 24 hours.  I can't open any application now, get an error message for everyone that says this application has no file associated to it etc..

Wife tells me it started on the weekend, couldn't open Firefox or Chrome, but IE worked.  Looked at it yesterday, ran the ADW cleaner, Rogue Killer and Malwarebytes on it as per researching this site.  Said that I had numerous issues etc..which is odd as we have great anti virus software.   The last Malwarebytes search I ran identifed a Trojan in a statup.exe file.  I quarantined it.  Tried uninstalling Mozilla and Chrome and now..nothing works. 

I'd love to be able to print you out some reports, but..I can't even access these programs.  Any suggestions?  My daughter needs to work on a report on her Google Drive for school for next Tuesday. 

TIA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaveJoBot

DaveJoBot

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

try to boot into safe mode and transfer user files and any program that you need>save to a external usb/hard drive>then format the drive and use the reinstall disk that the computer came with>reinstall all hardware/software>and that should do it! 

total time: 1-2 hours

cost of usb/harddrive: $10-$500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users