Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lag in game when mobs spawn, used to work good.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#31 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:28 PM

Any way you can disable AVG completely (temporarily) to see if this is causing your issues?

May not be AVG but it's worth a try.

Also: Try with only one monitor connected without any other hardware plugged into USB slots (other than M/Keyboard).

Edit: And is it my understanding that no other game has this lagging issue?

Edited by bludgard, 19 December 2016 - 05:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:19 PM

All games have the problem, just go back to page to and look at buddys 3d benchmarking scores.

#33 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:43 PM

shadow_647, on 19 Dec 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:shadow_647, on 19 Dec 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:shadow_647, on 19 Dec 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

All games have the problem, just go back to page to and look at buddys 3d benchmarking scores.

I noticed theres a switch on my GPU, what could this switch do?

Surprised no one mentioned how wrong it was for me to have both DVI and VGA plugged in my monitor. I pulled the VGA one out now, problem still not fixed.

Edited by araragi, 19 December 2016 - 10:52 PM.

#34 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:48 PM

bludgard, on 19 Dec 2016 - 5:28 PM, said:bludgard, on 19 Dec 2016 - 5:28 PM, said:

Any way you can disable AVG completely (temporarily) to see if this is causing your issues?

May not be AVG but it's worth a try.

Also: Try with only one monitor connected without any other hardware plugged into USB slots (other than M/Keyboard).

Edit: And is it my understanding that no other game has this lagging issue?

Pulled out mouse, keyboard, speakers, headphones. (while game still running)

Everything besides the ethernet wire and monitor and even disabled AVG. Still lagging..

I also play osu!, and it only stutters really rarely. And it's barely noticable in a fast pace game like osu! (but yeah it does happen for a split second)

Everything else, League does freeze when I die.. (for 2-3 seconds)

Edited by araragi, 19 December 2016 - 10:53 PM.

#35 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:56 PM

format-command.gif

#36 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:13 PM

If I format the HDD and/or ? SSD with AVG, would all data be erased?

I'm pretty sure formatting is the one thing I haven't tried.

#37 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:44 PM

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=hdd+format

#38 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:03 AM

I heard SSD don't have to be formatted or fragmented, is this true?

#39 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:08 AM

I don't see why SSD would be any different then all the rest, that comes down to what HDD stile of File Allocation Table (FAT) used and the like, for insentience Linux can format a HDD in like 10+ stiles, all different with pro and cons for each stile.

If your in windows chances are your using NTFS, and NTFS given time turns in to junk if not defragmented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2007.11.desktopfiles.aspx

#40 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:35 AM

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/TheRealAndCompleteStoryDoesWindowsDefragmentYourSSD.aspx

Louis

#41 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:21 PM

Good read, ya didn't think about that, half the reason for a defrag on a old stile hdd was because the read head had to go all over the place when collecting data on the platter if things got messy in their,that slows things down.

Things don't work like that on a SSD, never though about it till now, i don't know why after reading your link hamluis i didn't know that or think about it.

It just seems like common sense logically.

#42 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:37 PM

[quote]If I format the HDD and/or ? SSD with AVG, would all data be erased?[/quote]

Formating will remove the installation of Windows and any data associated with it.

[quote]I heard SSD don't have to be formatted or fragmented, is this true?[/b]

Any installation of Windows is going to require formatting.  The ssd/hdd has to be set (formatted) for the specific files system that is going to be used.  FAT 32 was use for years, but currently NTFS is the current format of choice.  There is huge file size limit between the two forms of format.

As for defraging a ssd.  Because of the way that data is stored on a ssd defragmenting the drive is not needed.

I heard SSD don't have to be formatted or fragmented, is this true?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#43 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

1. I don't see why SSD would be any different then all the rest, that comes down to what HDD stile of File Allocation Table (FAT) used and the like, for insentience Linux can format a HDD in like 10+ stiles, all different with pro and cons for each stile.

2. If your in windows chances are your using NTFS, and NTFS given time turns in to junk if not defragmented.

1.In post #38 araragi asked about defragmenting as well as formatting.  You by omission of further information regarding defragmenting a ssd you implyed that there is no difference between a ssd and a hdd.  This is not correct.  A ssd does not require defragmenting.

2. Once again, defragmenting only applies to hdds, not a ssd.  And NTFS isn't the reason for defragmenting problems which can become problematic if it is not done as needed.  The NTFS is a file system... period.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#44 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

Ps fat32 peeks at 138gigs for windows, in linux its 2048 gigs.

The 32gig limit in newer version of windows is just beacuse microwoft wanted to get people off the FAT32 topic and theirs all so FAT64

#45 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:06 PM

Fat 32 has in inherent limit to the maximum size of any file you load to a disk which is 4 GB and will only support up to a 2TB mass storage drive.

NTFS is what almost everyone is using on their hard drives today. Its maximum volume size is 2^^64-1, and its maximum file size is 16 × 1024^^6 bytes (way more than the biggest hard drive available today).  

These differences are the reason that Microsoft changed from a FAT 32 format to the NTFS format.  Not to "get people off the FAT 32 topic".

By the way, there is no such thing as FAT 64, but there is  a exFAT which some people mistakenly refer to as FAT 64.

Edited by dc3, 20 December 2016 - 02:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users