Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lag in game when mobs spawn, used to work good.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#16 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:48 AM

Sadly from what i can see dxdiag.exe in win10 from winXP has bin downgraded, the tests/options i can do in winXP is 2x times as well more info, ya ok the driver not WHQL from your screen shot, might not mean anything, id go back to WHQL driver on that topic if i could though.

Guess Microsoft just doesn't cair about dxdiag.exe seeing as they haven't improved it over time but down graded it.

So have you done this yet ?

1440447811-310x400.png

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/set-compatibility-mode-windows-10

Edited by shadow_647, 17 December 2016 - 04:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 10:44 AM

The article the link takes you to goes into detail of the different ways you can make old games compatible with Windows 10.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#18 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:44 PM

When I run compability mode (so far tried Windows XP and Windows 7)  it makes the game launcher load really slow. Probably would take 2-3 hours or so- to just open the game. I haven't let it load yet since I am still trying to solve the problem myself though other suggestions. I'll let you know when I try compatibility mode and honestly I was able to run the game fine before my BSOD even without using compability mode. I do have my doubts that this will be the solution.

Also, a month or so ago, I had the problem where Elsword launcher would finish loading and the game would pop out for a split second and close. What I did to solve this was change my user account's name from foreign letters to English and that solved the problem-- Elsword would open again, and now it's just really laggy..

edit: When I'm playing a video on youtube, and if goes on to "Autoplay" (where youtube goes on to next song) I get some FPS drops on league of legends.

Edited by araragi, 17 December 2016 - 01:40 PM.

#19 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:04 PM

I don't when playing games and got music going from youtube and it douse that, league of legends need a even slower computer then Elsword, your FPS for both games should be 100+ fps all the time if vsink is disabled, shouldn't be seeing any FPS problems.

Well the compatibility mode was worth a try, anything we try will be a crap-shoot in any case and a shot in the dark.

Anyway you can download this and run the benchmark ? 3DMark05

This should be a good test for your directX in 9 mode, just wana see what numbers you get and if it bombs the computer, should only take 10~20 min to install and do.

http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/legacy

Post the benchmark score when done if its passes plz, and compair your numbers with this

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphics/display/2005-17gpu_39.html

Forgot to say, run test with out Vsink.

Edit: content update, dont want to post count spam.

Ps: downloaded 3DMark05,it tried to install some ask malware, blocked, tried to connect to net, blocked, just so you know, install went well besides that.

Edited by shadow_647, 17 December 2016 - 03:06 PM.

#20 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:05 PM

Test run, what you get at your end ? did my GF6 6800 Ultra own your system ?

Attached File  3dmark.JPG   20.39KB   0 downloads

Attached File  3dmark2.JPG   45.89KB   0 downloads

5dm_total.gif

Edited by shadow_647, 17 December 2016 - 03:52 PM.

#21 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

I tried to submit the results but got submission error. http://puu.sh/sSPQq.png

It also opened this. http://www.3dmark.com/receivingfailed?error=4&product=3dm05&submitinfoid=55887325

Here is my score: http://puu.sh/sSPSI.png

Was I supposed to put something on for Feature tests and batch size tests? http://puu.sh/sSQ1D.png

EDIT: I ran it again with the same feature and batch size test are yours: http://puu.sh/sSQFt.png

I'm not sure if the test was completed because Elsword finished loading compatibility mode and this caused an error in 3D mark. But even so, I was able to get the score shown above.

I was unable to test if compatibility mode worked or not because I accidently made the game crash by logging in one account on two pcs.

Edited by araragi, 17 December 2016 - 04:17 PM.

#22 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:27 PM

Your 3dmark scores are garbage imho, something very wrong on a video card driver/hardware/directX level. you pulled off 8400 points at best, that puts your card/win10 setup at about the same thing as top of the line setups from like 10+ years ago,sad.

I haven't even looked at benchmarks for your card but come on, you have 4gigs video ram on your card and cards from 10+ years ago are keeping up with 128megs video ram, somethings up.

Ok tnx for running tests, wanted to see what was up on the old stile direct 3D topic and something very wrong.

Anyway you can trick win10 in to reinstalling directX somehow ? more research is need on this topic.

From what i have read you can't download the full installer for directX 12 "Grrrrr" for some reason and or uninstall it / reinstall it, why...... cus were talking about Microsoft *face plam*

The drivers for directX not being WHQL that you detected are starting to bug me, read too in a feu places that if a older game/installer tries  to install older/custom driectX junk that it can bomb your computer in win10 for games.

#23 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:47 PM

Well what can I do about this?

Reinstall Windows 10? (I really don't want to do this)

Buy new GPU?

Identify hardware problems..?

And since this may be a DirectX problem, is there a way to force Elsword to use openGL instead of DirectX?

Edited by araragi, 17 December 2016 - 05:13 PM.

#24 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

Wish more games used openGL, sadly for gaming its a dead topic it seems, was a diffent story back in the years of windows95~98.

DirectX 12 is included with Windows 10 and is only supported in that version of Windows. Updates to DirectX 12 related files are only available via Windows Update.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-download-install-directx-2624489

#25 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

So I downloaded directx endtime and it made me choose where to extract its stuff.

I made a folder and put it here. http://puu.sh/sSWwU.png

Then I ran DXSetup and it was successful, but my problem still persists..

#26 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:14 PM

k im runing out of idea besides reinstalling windows and id put win7 on thier anyways but thats just me.

Ps : 50417 marks with AMD Radeon R9 380

your best score 8400 marks, something very broken.

https://d1ebmxcfh8bf9c.cloudfront.net/u54368/image_id_1606707.jpeg

#27 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:48 PM

I'm most likely not going to reinstall Windows. I can already imagine Windows finish reinstalling and I'd be still left with the lag.

The reason why I reinstalled Windows last time was because of BSOD, and since that reinstall the game has been lagging. What could of went wrong?

#28 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:10 PM

So there is no definite way to identify nor solve the problem.. I'm deeply saddened and dissapointed.

#29 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:32 PM

One could create an image of your system as-is > reinstall Windows 10 > check for issues > go back to your current setup (image backup) if things do not change. Something has to be done to narrow down the offending software/hardware.

#30 araragi

araragi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:19 PM

bludgard, on 18 Dec 2016 - 7:32 PM, said:

One could create an image of your system as-is > reinstall Windows 10 > check for issues > go back to your current setup (image backup) if things do not change. Something has to be done to narrow down the offending software/hardware.

I will try this when I am able to buy a new external hard drive for backup.

And I tried something like this already. I reinstalled Windows 10 after BSOD, then copied and pasted everything back instead of system image (because I heard system image may copy the problems over).

Also a while ago, I tried to install another version driver for my GPU and after I restarted I would constantly get BSOD caused by aoddriver2.exe.

I solved this though, I used DDU to remove the driver and used the disc to download my version of the driver.

Could aoddriver2.exe be related to the lag?

Edited by araragi, 18 December 2016 - 09:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users