Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inspiron switch over question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Onimusha

Onimusha

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:21 PM

Hi!, I'm new to the forum and have a simple brief question. Is it possible to take parts from a dell Inspiron n5510 and place them in a Dell Inspiron n7110 just curious. I'm aware that it might be an extremely nooby question but am currently in a bind thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 15 December 2016 - 07:03 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,439 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

Apart from possibly the RAM and the hard drive there is probably little you can swap around between these two computers, after all one is a fair bit bigger than the other.

What was it you wanted to swap over, or what is it you are having a problem with ?

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Onimusha

Onimusha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

More cores perhaps? if that's possible again I'm a noob just happy to have figured out the hard drive ahaha. Thanks for your help though its greatly appreciated.

The best gamer experience I can have with what I have to work with more or less. An increase in GPU's? hah thanks in advance

Edited by Onimusha, 15 December 2016 - 09:53 PM.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,439 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:58 AM

The problem you have is that both these computers are laptops which have highly integrated construction totally unlike a desktop in a standard tower. If I want to change a graphics card all I have to do is take off the side and unplug one and replace it - laptops just don't work like that !

It is very likely that the graphics components in both these computers are physically part of the mobo, you would need detailed information to verify that, but that is the normal situation. They use different processors, one an i3 and the other an i5. Basically with a laptop you are stuck with the specification it had when you bought it.

You could try downloading the respective manuals for them from the Dell website and see what possibilities they offer.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 Zone_86

Zone_86

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:47 AM

Laptops are extremely limited in cross mobo/upgrades, and there were only a few that I was able to do when I had a brick a mortar shop. For one thing IRQ/device assignments may alter and also your int/gpu and bolt ups and O/S calibration to the O/S OEM string. You best bet is to email Dell about it but NOT the normal channels you're going to want to speak to tier 2 or 3 techsupport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users