Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

c000021a Fatal System Error 0xc0000034

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 walkfacefirst

walkfacefirst

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:56 PM

Hello,

I switched out a power supply on a Dell Vostro 420 and now I keep getting this error. c000021a Fatal System Error 0xc0000034

I troubleshooted by trying to swap out the winlogon.exe file from system32 with a similar operating system. No luck.

I have tried starting in safe mode, no luck, starting it with a command prompt, no luck. I keep getting this same error. 

At one point, I was getting the PAGEFAULT NOFAULT error and that was when I was trying to start it with command prompt, I believe.

I have also ran CHKDSK and sfc /scannow and no luck.

I have took out each stick of RAM to test to see if it could be faulty ram and same error message.

As of right now, I can hook up the hard drive to another desktop to access it with no problems, it will just not boot into windows xp.

ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks Brad

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:47 PM

FWIW

Louis

#3 walkfacefirst

walkfacefirst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

I have tried what it says to do with using the HIRENS Bootable CD to swap the file out but still no luck.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:10 PM

Run the Dell hardware diagnostics package, http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19?c=us&l=en&~ck=mn, scroll down to Online Diagnostics.

If the system passes the hardware tests...then I suggest a repair install of XP.

Why did you change the PSU?

Did you replace the CMOS battery?  For the money involved and the symptoms you have thus far described...I would.

Louis

#5 walkfacefirst

walkfacefirst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:28 PM

I first changed the CMOS battery first and it would not power up.

When I changed out the power supply, it started giving me the error message.

When I reverted back to the old power supply, I got the same error message.

How do I create a XP Repair install usb bootable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users