Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck in Configuring Windows 10 update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 deckenrode

deckenrode

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:42 PM

For some reason when I hit restart and update......its been on this screen for 30+ minutes......"Configuring update for Windows 10 12% complete  Do not turn off your computer".......how long should I leave this run?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:51 PM

These updates are large.  This could take over an hour.  If it hasn't completed after two hours I would suspect that there is an issue.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 deckenrode

deckenrode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:01 PM

Thank you.......guess I'm impatient......

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:29 PM

Prior to Windows 10 you could select how and when Updates would be downloaded and installed.  With Windows ten now these options no longer are offered.  You receive one update containing all of the updates available at the time.  This means that these updates are large.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 deckenrode

deckenrode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:46 PM

Actually it finally finished up.....about an hour and a half.......but done.....thx

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:32 AM

I'm glad it was just a case of needing to wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users