Welcome to BC..
If you can locate dmnew.dll on your computer...then you can submit it to be scanned by numerous security programs
at VirusTotal - Free Online Virus and Malware Scan . Submit the file's content...not just the name of the file.
Google wasn't any help in finding info for that .dll. Suggest you do some scans and cleaning using the programs below.
Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.
After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here
Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
- Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
- Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
- If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
- When MBAM is finished scanning it will display a screen that displays any malware that it has detected.
- Click the Remove Selected button.
- MBAM will now delete all of the files and registry keys and add them to the programs quarantine. When removing the files, MBAM may require a reboot in order to remove some of them. If it displays a message stating that it needs to reboot, please allow it to do so.
- While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.
POST THE LOG FOR REVIEW.
Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
- Close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Scan button.
- When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
- You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
- download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
- Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message
- Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
- Click the button.
- For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
- Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the Start button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser.
- Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
- ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- When the scan completes, click List Threats
- Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
- Click the Back button.
- Click the Finish button.
- NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
Edited by buddy215, 15 December 2016 - 12:04 PM.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”― Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”