Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start up & Ram Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhuint361

jhuint361

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:04 AM

Please Help,

I have a Dell Inspiron N5010 R15 and I just had to replace the screen on it, now when I turn it on it gives me a 4 beep code which is a Ram code or memory  so I took my memory stix and installed them in my other laptop and they work jus fine but they wont work in my Dell what do you folks think I should try next? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:24 AM

Maybe the ram from the other laptop......

#3 jhuint361

jhuint361
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:39 AM

I already tried that , I took the ram from my laptop and put it in my other one and it works fine. Then I took the ram from in and put it in the Dell and it still gives me the 4 beep code so the ram is good for sure, but it still gives the 4 beep code. Either set of ram cards work in the HP but neither set will work in the Dell, I've tried using just one ram card and neither ram slot works it gives me the same code using the Dell.

Edited by jhuint361, 15 December 2016 - 06:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users