Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 HORRIBLE!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ihatespyhunter

ihatespyhunter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:21 PM

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 8, and it's horrible!!! I have a friend who has a Windows 10 computer, and it's EVEN WORSE!!! Stay as Windows 7, and buy Windows 7 computers, NOT Windows 8.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:46 PM

LOLOLOLO , ya i know, even win7 gets on my nervs, im still in winxp but ill have to use win7 at some point, past win7 if windows dousen't get better ill just be a linux guy.

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:54 AM

Do you want help going back to windows 7? Or help in starting with linux?
Post your system's specifications and someone might be able to advise you. Before you try anything though, back up all your files to removable media.

Edited by rp88, 16 December 2016 - 11:54 AM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:54 PM

One thing you can add which will provide a Start Menu similar to previous versions of Windows, that would be Classic Shell.  This could make navigating through Windows 8 much easier for the uninitiated.

You could revert back to Windows 7, but you would have to upgrade or change operating system by 1/14/2020 if you want to continue to use a Windows operating system which is still supported.

I had Windows 8.1 Pro installed on one of my computers, it had a little longer learning curve to feel comfortable with, but it wasn't that bad.  I'm now running Windows 10 Pro and am impressed with it... so far.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:08 PM

Windows 8/8.1 was a royal cluster (fill in your own explicative).  But Windows 10 is turning out to be a very good operating system.  The problem most people who are new to this operating system is learning how to navigate in it.  It isn't intuitive as previous versions of Windows were, so it takes a little longer to become comfortable with Windows 10, but I believe it is every bit as good as Windows 7 was.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users