Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updating to 8.1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chrisdebf

chrisdebf

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:23 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite C855D laptop computer.

It has an AMD E-300 APU with Radeon ™ HD Graphics 1.30 Ghz., Ram 4gb, (3.59 usable), 64 bit OS x64 Processor.

It currently has an outdated Windows 8 OS.

There are no updates on the machine except for Windows Malicious Software Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10, and Windows server

2012 R2, 2016x64 Edition (kb890830    and  kb315216.

I would like to update to Windows 8.1, but when i hit "download", on the Windows Store app, it informs me that it is unable to download.

Can anyone please advise on what i have to do to get this download working?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisdebf

chrisdebf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:37 PM

Further to my thread above, i have encountered another problem, whilst trying to download

Windows 8.1 from the Store.

When i click on the :download" tab, a window appears saying that i have to be an Administrator

in order to download Windows 8.1.

As no changes have been made to my computer since the thread above, and discovering that

after running a virus check, that i do not have any viruses, i an at a loss as to what is happening.

#3 Melvislive

Melvislive

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

Windows 8 is nolonger supported by Microsoft, so you can nolonger install updates, or will they automatically install Updates on your Computer...You will need to purchase a new Windows 8.1 Disk with a new key to install Windows 8.1

#4 Melvislive

Melvislive

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:27 PM

And as far as being an Administrator on your Computer, you might need to delete your current User name, and reinstall a new Administrator account, because there can be multiple Administrator Users installed on your PC, but you have to have Full Control over all  privledges and settings before Your able to install a new Operating system, or to Update certain Updates, or changes to your Computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users