Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer starts up but shows no splash screen or bios.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick1000

Patrick1000

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

My problem is that i can start my computer up and even use it(i get into windows) but i get no manufacturer logo and cant access my bios basically my monitor is black until the Welcome Windows message pops up.

To connect my computer to my Monitor im using a Adapter Displayport VGA Female because my Monitor has only a VGA port and my Graphics Card a DVI - D and HDMI ports.

Thank you in advance! :)

edit: Forgot Hardware specifications

Processor
AMD FX™-8150 Eight-Core Processor

Video Card
Radeon ™ RX 470 Graphics

RAM
8.0 GB

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Edited by Patrick1000, 14 December 2016 - 02:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:33 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Is there a make or model of the machine or is this built?  If built, what is the manufacturer of the system board?

You can try holding down F2, F10, or DEL when you boot.

#3 Patrick1000

Patrick1000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:43 PM

Hey Kilroy, what do you mean with is it built?(Sorry for my english :) ) If you mean if its a custom built computer then yes im still using the same Cpu, Cpu cooler, Ram and Harddrive from my old Machine.

Now the key i have to hold to get into the bios is F11 but when i do that my screen just stays black like it entered the bios but i get no signal/picture on my Screen.

My mainboard is the MSI 970A-G43 (MS-7693).

Edited by hamluis, 15 December 2016 - 03:00 PM.
Removed unnecessary quotebox - Hamluis.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:00 PM

Option 2 would be to pull the CMOS battery from the system board.  That should force you to go into the BIOS.

#5 Patrick1000

Patrick1000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:35 PM

Is it possible that my Adapter Displayport just loads its drivers with windows and not before that?

I mean that would explain why i get a black screen until windows loads itself up?

Does that make any sense? xD 

Edited by hamluis, 15 December 2016 - 03:01 PM.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:29 PM

According to your manual Del is the key to tap for accessing BIOS and F11 is your boot menu.

But I think it's a good possibility that the adapter is preventing you from seeing your BIOS and OEM logo. I had a laptop with a bad LCD screen attached to an external monitor. No matter what I did, I could not see the BIOS screen before booting into Windows. Do you know anyone who would let you borrow a monitor with a DVI-D port?

Edited by hamluis, 15 December 2016 - 03:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users