Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mobo Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rEvolve

rEvolve

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:08 PM

Hello, i recently built a AM2 based computer and i had to return my ASUS M2N-E because it didnt work :thumbsup:
I was looking at new motherboards and i was wondering if MSI K9N Platinum would work/do the job. OR what about this one? MSI K9N Neo-F

I have:
AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ (AM2)
G.Skill DDR2 800 1gig (512x2)
Seagate 250gig 7200rpm 16mb cache
Evga 7600GT KO
Ultra Aluminus and Ultra 550watt X-Connect 2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Gothmog

Gothmog

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 27 August 2006 - 10:52 PM

both of them look compatible. They both support Athlon64 X2, DDR2 memory, PATA or SATA drives(you didnt say which type it was), PCI express(you didn't specify but that card only comes in PCIx) and as long as the power supply supports 24 pins you should be fine.

The Neo-F looks like a good board. Unless you really want the 2 extra SATA ports, dual LAN and firewire, the Platinum would be overkill. The chipset on the Neo-F is the Nforce 550 which is a little older than the other MSI and Asus board's 570 Ultra MCP

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:20 AM

I'd still prefer the ASUS M2N-E.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 rEvolve

rEvolve
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:58 PM

I was wondering if why my M2N-E was not working was because of the DDR2 800 issue.. I just read that people had to buy cheap DDR2 ram and adjust the voltage to your good ram.. then reboot. I hope thats not the case. ><
I guess the K9N Neo-F would be fine for me, i might overclock very slightly.
some of the reviews on newegg werent that great though.. Think it'd be safer to buy the K9N Platinum?
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users