Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Volume button broken and malwarebytwes doesnt open.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:15 AM

Pretty much the same thing is happening to me as last time but only the little volume buttons on my computer and malwarebytes dont work (mbamservice.exe is supended and wont resum and also the broadband icon is stuck again and the virus total conpoment of process explorer is stuck on saying hash submitted and lighshot refuses to upload screenshots again.

why do i even bother posting this lik anybody is going to help

Edited by hamluis, 16 December 2016 - 07:59 PM.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

Twitter

Discord:inkoalawetrust#9783

Website

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,861 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:53 AM

it might be time to shoot it !...(joke)

mbam....uninstall it using THIS

I would not be certain that is a part of the problem...but it should not be giving you this sort of trouble.

You had a topic opened in the malwarebytes forum....what was the outcome there ?

In the various topics you have had open....has anyone run any scans ?...I am talking about a series of scans probably starting with minitoolbox, then perhaps Security check, AdwCleaner, mbam rootkit, etc etc ...??

I would also note...for what its worth, that i seem to remember a scan which showed you had only 2GB of Ram....is that correct ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:59 AM

it might be time to shoot it !...(joke)

mbam....uninstall it using THIS

I would not be certain that is a part of the problem...but it should not be giving you this sort of trouble.

You had a topic opened in the malwarebytes forum....what was the outcome there ?

In the various topics you have had open....has anyone run any scans ?...I am talking about a series of scans probably starting with minitoolbox, then perhaps Security check, AdwCleaner, mbam rootkit, etc etc ...??

I would also note...for what its worth, that i seem to remember a scan which showed you had only 2GB of Ram....is that correct ?

nothing i was just saying the mbam is being a resource hog also the uninstaller failed to download and yes i do only have 2 GB of ram

edit:i tried downloading again and it worked but i have to go

Edited by inkoalawetrust, 14 December 2016 - 01:01 AM.

Twitter

Website

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,861 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:10 AM

ok...ooroo.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#5 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:07 AM

ok now the screensaver got stuck again and its telling me that my copy of windows is not genuine and explorer works but it only shows the desktop and the favorites tab what do i do i tried eset online scanner and it go stuck on dowloading signatures and kaspersky security scan which got stuck on the installation and it  cant even cancel the installation either

Edited by inkoalawetrust, 14 December 2016 - 07:57 AM.

Twitter

Website

#6 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

i just ran a scan with eset online scanner and it found 5 threats although one of them was the unchecky installed but after rebooting the only things that are fixed is that the your copy of windows is not genuine is gone i can play music and video again and windows explorer shows more tabs than just favorites and desktop but everything else is still broken and everythign that is fixed right now is probably gonna break sooner or later

edit:it started again and all the effects took place again

Edited by inkoalawetrust, 14 December 2016 - 10:41 AM.

Twitter

Website

#7 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

So 2 days ago my computer got infected and after removing the malware in safe mode it went away but it started again today  i  removed it again using eset oline scanner after it detected malware in the temp folder (it also detected the unchecky installer as malware) i deleted it and booted back to normal but some of the symptoms where still there while some of them completely vanished 2 days  ago but as of now it started again and  i know it will come back again even if i remove it what do i do

Twitter

Website

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:53 AM

Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  You will see an image like the one below, click on Update Now.  

mbam1_zps98e7fba9.png

3)  Click on Settings, you will see a image like the one below.

malware%20settings_zpsixkea5sd.png

When Settings opens click on Detection and Protection, then under Non-Malware Protection, click on the down arrow for PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) detections and select Treat detections as malware.  Under Detection Options place a check in the box for Scan for rootkits

4)  Click on Scan (next to Settings), then click on Scan Now.  The scan will automatically run now.

5)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Delete All.

malwarenew_zps34b58fdc.png

6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  Copy and paste the entire log in your topic.

emsisoft%201_zpsoqojjiws.png
[list]
Please download Emsisoft Emergency Kit and save it to your desktop. 

Double click on Emsisoft Emergency Kit file on your desktop.  emsisoft%203_zpsoox6uxmj.png 

When the installation starts you see a image like the one below, click on Install.

Emsisoft%207_zpsmbuolk9r.png

The first time you launch it, Emsisoft Emergency Kit will recommend that you allow it to download updates. Please click Yes so that it downloads the latest database updates.

When the update is complete, click on MALWARE SCAN under Scan.  When asked if you want the scanner to scan for Potentially Unwanted Programs, click Yes.

Emsisoft%20scan_zpsifqyozhf.png

Emsisoft Emergency Kit will start scanning.

When the scan is completed click on Quarantine.

When the threats have been quarantined, click the View report button in the lower-right corner, and the scan log will be opened in Notepad.  Copy the log and paste it in your topic.

Please run TDSSKiller.

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

The log for the TDSSKiller can be very long.  If you go to the bottom of the log to where you find Scan finished you will see the results of the scan.  If it shows Detected object count: 0 and Actual detected object count: 0, this means that nothing malicious was found and you will not need to post the log.

1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

tdss1_zps90132559.png

2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system.

If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.

tdsskillermultiple_zps472c18eb.png

3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.

tdss4_zps6792a13c.png

4.  If threats are detected select Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed.

***Do NOT select Delete!

Click on Continue.

tdss5_zps98fc5887.png

5.  Click on Reboot computer.

Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply.

Note:  The log may be very long.  You may need to break it into parts to post the whole log.

Post this in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:56 AM

Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  You will see an image like the one below, click on Update Now.  

mbam1_zps98e7fba9.png

3)  Click on Settings, you will see a image like the one below.

malware%20settings_zpsixkea5sd.png

When Settings opens click on Detection and Protection, then under Non-Malware Protection, click on the down arrow for PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) detections and select Treat detections as malware.  Under Detection Options place a check in the box for Scan for rootkits

4)  Click on Scan (next to Settings), then click on Scan Now.  The scan will automatically run now.

5)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Delete All.

malwarenew_zps34b58fdc.png

6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  Copy and paste the entire log in your topic.

emsisoft%201_zpsoqojjiws.png
[list]
Please download Emsisoft Emergency Kit and save it to your desktop. 

Double click on Emsisoft Emergency Kit file on your desktop.  emsisoft%203_zpsoox6uxmj.png

When the installation starts you see a image like the one below, click on Install.

Emsisoft%207_zpsmbuolk9r.png

The first time you launch it, Emsisoft Emergency Kit will recommend that you allow it to download updates. Please click Yes so that it downloads the latest database updates.

When the update is complete, click on MALWARE SCAN under Scan.  When asked if you want the scanner to scan for Potentially Unwanted Programs, click Yes.

Emsisoft%20scan_zpsifqyozhf.png

Emsisoft Emergency Kit will start scanning.

When the scan is completed click on Quarantine.

When the threats have been quarantined, click the View report button in the lower-right corner, and the scan log will be opened in Notepad.  Copy the log and paste it in your topic.

Please run TDSSKiller.

Please download TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

The log for the TDSSKiller can be very long.  If you go to the bottom of the log to where you find Scan finished you will see the results of the scan.  If it shows Detected object count: 0 and Actual detected object count: 0, this means that nothing malicious was found and you will not need to post the log.

1.  Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.

tdss1_zps90132559.png

2.  Check Loaded Modules, Verify Driver Digital Signature, and Detect TDLFS file system.

If you are asked to reboot because an "Extended Monitoring Driver is required" please click Reboot now.

tdsskillermultiple_zps472c18eb.png

3.  Click Start Scan and allow the scan process to run.

tdss4_zps6792a13c.png

4.  If threats are detected select Cure (if available) for all of them unless otherwise instructed.

***Do NOT select Delete!

Click on Continue.

tdss5_zps98fc5887.png

5.  Click on Reboot computer.

Please copy the TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt file found in your root directory (typically c:\) and paste it into your next reply.

Note:  The log may be very long.  You may need to break it into parts to post the whole log.

Post this in your topic.

i have malwarebytes 3.0 but the process is suspended and i cant restore it it only works  in safe mode  and even  there it doesnt find anything and also this isnt the first time i made a post about this:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/634598/volume-control-buttons-broken/

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/634773/volume-button-broken-and-malwarebytwes-doesnt-open/

edit:im running a scan with adwcleaner and it found 2 threats

File Found:  C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 1\Local Storage\hxxp_www.metrolyrics.com_0.localstorage
File Found:  C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Profile 1\Local Storage\hxxp_www.metrolyrics.com_0.localstorage-journal

Edited by inkoalawetrust, 14 December 2016 - 11:01 AM.

Twitter

Website

#10 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,583 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 AM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:25 AM

@ inkoalawetrust -

AS DC3 said you had two topics running about this problem, this is something that is strongly discouraged as it leads to confusion. For you, because you are getting help from two different sets of people, for the helpers because neither know what the others are saying. As a result, I have merged these two topics into one and as part of the process of doing this I have deleted two posts that no longer make sense.

Also, please note that it is almost never necessary to copy a complete post in another post by you since posts and topics almost always stay in place on BC. What it does do is make following the topic confusing and uses up page space and bandwidth. By all means use quotes to pick out one particular point from a post that you wish to reply to, but, as I said, it is almost never necessary to quote a complete post.

Chris Cosgrove

#11 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:46 AM

@ inkoalawetrust -

AS DC3 said you had two topics running about this problem, this is something that is strongly discouraged as it leads to confusion. For you, because you are getting help from two different sets of people, for the helpers because neither know what the others are saying. As a result, I have merged these two topics into one and as part of the process of doing this I have deleted two posts that no longer make sense.

Also, please note that it is almost never necessary to copy a complete post in another post by you since posts and topics almost always stay in place on BC. What it does do is make following the topic confusing and uses up page space and bandwidth. By all means use quotes to pick out one particular point from a post that you wish to reply to, but, as I said, it is almost never necessary to quote a complete post.

Chris Cosgrove

>somebody will help me

f78.jpg

anyways i removed the malware adwcleaner found and rebooted so malwarebytes 3.0 is running FOR NOW so im going to follow the instructions while i still can but its taking forever to scan the file system and is wasting lots of resources to the point where i was watching a video in fullscreen and chrome froze

edit: the is finally done and as i expected it found absolutely nothing but here is the report anyways now im going to go to step 2 but why does EEK take so much space

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Scan Date: 12/14/16
Scan Time: 6:50 PM
Logfile: 
Administrator: Yes

-Software Information-
Version: 3.0.4.1269
Components Version: 1.0.39
Update Package Version: 1.0.731
License: Trial

-System Information-
CPU: x86
File System: NTFS
User: admin-PC\admin

-Scan Summary-
Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 349946
Time Elapsed: 39 min, 26 sec

-Scan Options-
Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Enabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

-Scan Details-
Process: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Module: 0

Registry Key: 0

Registry Value: 0

Data Stream: 0

Folder: 0

File: 0

Physical Sector: 0

(end)

Edited by inkoalawetrust, 14 December 2016 - 12:32 PM.

Twitter

Website

#12 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:02 PM

ok now the screensaver got stuck again and its telling me that my copy of windows is not genuine and explorer works but it only shows the desktop and the favorites tab what do i do i tried eset online scanner and it go stuck on dowloading signatures and kaspersky security scan which got stuck on the installation and it  cant even cancel the installation either

You have a valid license to run the version of Windows on your system?

Louis

#13 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:06 PM

You have a valid license to run the version of Windows on your system?

Louis

yes  its a paid version and the message has gone away and come back multiple times ive hevent reinstalled windows in like one and a half year

Twitter

Website

#14 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:18 PM

EEK  found nothing either im going to use tdss killer now

Twitter

Website

#15 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 318 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:59 PM

TDSS killer found nothing either and everything seems to be working fine again FOR NOW because thats what i said 2 days ago when the same thing happened

Twitter

Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users