Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office Outlook 2007 keeps asking for new password.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 757Pirate

757Pirate

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

I am adding a new additional) email and have it correctly configured, but when I try to send test message it asks for password and doesn't accept it. And asks again.  Obviously, message won't send.  Any suggestions how to fix? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,044 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:51 AM

Obviously the Password is incorrect within Outlook. { You need to Confirm it is correct } Or it maybe the Username is incorrect , double check also.

Try a retrieval " Lost Password" from the Main Account and verify it when they send it to you.

Or create a new Password from your Account for that Email.

Otherwise try installing Thunderbird Email Client and see if that Password you have tried works on Thunderbird Setup.

If it does then work it may be an issue with Outlook.

I run both Clients { Outlook 2007 - Thunderbird } with Various Email Accounts and both work with no issues.

#3 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:09 AM

What kind of email are you using? Last thread you had switched from Cox to Verizon ISP but chose to use Yahoo email instead. What are you using for your inbound and outbound servers (POP or IMAP and SMTP), the ports and if using SSL. Here are the settings needed for Yahoo.

#4 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:09 PM

I am adding a new additional) email and have it correctly configured, but when I try to send test message it asks for password and doesn't accept it. And asks again.  Obviously, message won't send.  Any suggestions how to fix? 

Log into this email account within your browser. Check the settings within this email confirming that POP3, IMAP (or whatever the desired protocol) is enabled and that forwarding is allowed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users