I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit on an Intel I7 with 16GB Ram. 120GB SSD Boot drive and one TB hard drive. The system has been running without issues for about 3 years. Until 2 months ago. I play one network game and I noticed that every 5 minutes or so I would lose the connection to the game. After 2 or 3 seconds I would be able to join again. Sometimes I can play longer sometimes less. About two weeks ago the I started noticing the issue in the web browser. I found the same pausing issues in IE, Chrome and Firefox. Pages would not load for a few seconds and I would also get DNS page errors in Chrome.
My NIC is an inbedded BroadCom Netlink 1GB. I have installed the newest drivers from Broadcom. That did not solve the problem. I bought a new NIC and installed it along with drivers and the same issues exist. I have Malwarebytes Pro which I have run several times, without finding any problems. I changed my anit-virus software from Avast to AVG. Again found no problems. I have flushed the dns and cleared winsock setting. I have tried using dynamic and static local IP. I have tried other DNS IP other than the two provided by my ISP. I have restarted my router many times My router is an Asus RT-56U with factory firmware. I re-ran my cabling to bypass the 1GB switch. My PC is plugged into the router. I can copy files to the server without issue. I really do not know what else to try and I am hoping someone can give me something to try. Thank you for any assistance.