Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer back after repair, still crashes when in games.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RrroodboRstje

RrroodboRstje

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:36 PM

Hi,

I'm new here to this forum, so forgive me in advance if I'm asking obvious questions!

I bought a new computer last december, which gave me a lot of problems so far. After a few months the fans started making a lot of noise, expecially when running heavy graphic games. Long story short: it made my computer crash completely and I had to return the pc to get it fixed. The company that sold me the computer told me that it was a problem with the water cooler, which made the temperatures go up to insane heights. At first it seemed fine when it returned, but after a few months the problems started returning. Now, when I run a heavy graphic game, my computer suddenly just freezes the image, and nothing happens. I can't force quit the game, it just hangs there. The fans make a lot of noise at that moment as well. How can I determine what's really causing the problem?

Thanks in advance!

- Rick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:00 AM

Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:

Report Set #1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be experiencing BSOD's) so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.

NOTE:
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR or other compression utilities. 
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.

Report Set #2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: 

SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:
You may not need to log temps - if uncertain, please ask.

To make it work (log the temps to a file) you have to do BOTH of the below:

1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.

2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.

The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan

Naming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.

Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.

NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 RrroodboRstje

RrroodboRstje
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:43 PM

First of all, thank you so much for helping me out here! Hope we can find what is causing the problems.

Here are the logs you requested:

Attached Files

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

Uninstall BullGuard AntiVirus. - lot's of errors related to this in the Admin logfile
Use Windows Defender and the Windows firewall while we're troubleshooting

Your UEFI/BIOS (version x) dates from 2015.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  This is just in case there has been a more recent update.
FYI - W8 and W10 communicate more with the UEFI/BIOS than previous versions of Windows, so it's important to ensure that the UEFI/BIOS is kept up to date (and that outdated UEFI/BIOS' may be the cause of some compatibility issues).

Although you appear to have a reasonable number of Windows Update hotfixes for this version of your OS, please double check for any new Windows Updates.  It only takes one update to cause a problem, so it's essential that you have all of them.  The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

You have 3 hard drives.  What is the make/model/wattage and age of your Power Supply?

Nothing real solid to blame that I can see.

I suggest running these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please run ALL of the tests and let us know the results.

If the problem still occurs, then run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 RrroodboRstje

RrroodboRstje
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:23 AM

Hi Usasma,

Thanks for your reply! As for Bullguard, I have a running subscription of 2 years on this. Why is it so important that I close this down?

I've checked for an update for the UEFI/BIOS, but the current version is the last available version at this moment.

There are no Windows updates available for me at thie moment.

As for the harddrives, the models are

Seagate Desktop HDD ST1000DM003 1000GB @ 5,3W 

SEAGATE DESKTOP HDD 2TB SATA HDD @ 8W

The last drive is a portable drive that I rarely use.

As for the harddrives, the models are

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,089 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:20 AM

Uninstall BullGuard AntiVirus. - lot's of errors related to this in the Admin logfile

You can reinstall BullGuard after we're done troubleshooting - but for now it needs to be uninstalled in order to stop those errors from occurring.

Additionally, antivirus and firewall software works at a very low-level, so it's possible for errors due to that to resemble hardware errors.

It'd be a shame to replace your hard drive only to find that a reinstall of BullGuard would fix the problem.

Beyond that, your post appears incomplete.

If the portable drive isn't being used, then please disconnect it (both power and data cables if so equipped).
That's one less thing to worry about as we troubleshoot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users