Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Attack / UDP Port 1434

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Surreal90

Surreal90

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

Hi everyone,

So, a couple of days ago I've been noticing that Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 (17.0.0.611 Patch C) been showing a notification about a network attack, i thought it's a one time thing, but it seems that it's still happening, randomly it's showing the below:

The network attack has been blocked

UDP from (almost a different IP every time) to port 1434
The attacking computer has not been blocked: it's address is possibly spoofed.
I ran a multiple scans types, quick, full and vulnerability scan using Kaspersky, and the results was that i got no infection or whatsoever. I even did a clean a windows installation and after a few days the same notification popped up again.

Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks! :).

Edited by Surreal90, 13 December 2016 - 04:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,096 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:39 AM

Test your port 1434. Just did mine by clicking on the probe this port button at GRC | Port Authority, for Internet Port 1434  

Mine is reported as Stealth.

transpixel.gif

transpixel.gif
Stealth ms-sql-m
Microsoft-SQL-Monitor
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Surreal90

Surreal90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:49 PM

Test your port 1434. Just did mine by clicking on the probe this port button at GRC | Port Authority, for Internet Port 1434  

Mine is reported as Stealth.

transpixel.gif

transpixel.gif
Stealth ms-sql-m
Microsoft-SQL-Monitor

Hey there, yesterday i blocked the port using Kaspersky firewall, but today, i got the same notification again.., I tried that GRC thing and it's says that it's closed.

Edited by Surreal90, 14 December 2016 - 12:50 PM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,096 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

If the port is blocked then you don't need Kaspersky to keep notifying you of their blocking. You should be able to end the notifications. It's

doing what you paid it to do. No need to be notified everytime the firewall blocks something.

Another thought...if you are using a router and haven't checked for updates to its firmware...you should do that as well as change default

password, block remote access and confirm its firewall is activated.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Surreal90

Surreal90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:04 PM

If the port is blocked then you don't need Kaspersky to keep notifying you of their blocking. You should be able to end the notifications. It's

doing what you paid it to do. No need to be notified everytime the firewall blocks something.

Another thought...if you are using a router and haven't checked for updates to its firmware...you should do that as well as change default

password, block remote access and confirm its firewall is activated.

True that mate, anyway, i will try to contact their support, and will check the router firmware, and the settings you mentioned, but just to be 100% sure, you think there is nothing to worry about?

Edited by Surreal90, 14 December 2016 - 03:06 PM.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,096 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

No...I see this as Kaspersky's firewall just doing its job. Interested to know what they say, though.

#7 Surreal90

Surreal90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:30 PM

Well, I guess i'm not the only one, and this information got me a little worried though..

Edited by Surreal90, 14 December 2016 - 03:37 PM.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,096 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:59 PM

The info in those links doesn't change what I think about what is occurring....just Kapspersky doing its job.

If you do decide to ask Kaskpersky about this...please post back with their comments.

#9 Surreal90

Surreal90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:05 PM

The info in those links doesn't change what I think about what is occurring....just Kapspersky doing its job.

If you do decide to ask Kaskpersky about this...please post back with their comments.

I will see what they have to say about it, and then will get back to post here. Thanks for your time!.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users