Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't watch videos streaming on the web

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Vertigoo

Vertigoo

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:38 PM

When i try watching videos online on any website like youtube putlocker facebook or w/e i get pixelated video that stutters.
I have this problem a long time now that i have tried to fix in several ways:
  • I tried updating and downgrading Nvidia's drivers.
  • I checked for critical updates on windows.
  • I tried reinstalling adobe flash player
  • I tried different browsers chrome, explorer, firefox, opera( all give the same results, same goes for servers, other domains, same result)

I have considered that there might be problem with the internet provider but i have run speed tests and my download speed shows (30mb/s) which is the bandwidth i have
here are a couple of pictures demonstrating the problem:
pixelatedvideo.png

pixelatedvideo1.png

Where is the problem??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 PM

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:44 PM

O'relly you have 240Mbps download ?

Somehow i doubt it, 1Mbps = 125Kb sec.

As for the problem hemmm you try using HTML5 only ? use firefox for that and uninstall flash player or disabled it.

Youtube is full HTML5 btw.

#3 Vertigoo

Vertigoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:54 PM

O'relly you have 240Mbps download ?

Somehow i doubt it, 1Mbps = 125Kb sec.

As for the problem hemmm you try using HTML5 only ? use firefox for that and uninstall flash player or disabled it.

Youtube is full HTML5 btw.

look man i said i ahve 30mb/s download speed, not 240 mb/s

and secondly i have written i have tried uninstalling flash player and using other browsers, do you have any other idea?

#4 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,535 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:00 PM

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3268700/watch-videos-streaming-web.html

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#5 Vertigoo

Vertigoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:01 PM

yes that is true i asked on both forums to get the maximum range of people to solve this, i am experiencing it for months and really am tired of it, so i decided to make an end for this since its ruining the fun of using my pc.

#6 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:20 PM

quote from first post: I tried reinstalling adobe flash player

quote from next post about the topic: and secondly i have written i have tried uninstalling flash player and using other browsers, do you have any other idea?

I didn't say uninstall + reinstall i said permanently uninstall and use HTML5 only, VLC player as well can watch YouTube vids, you could try that as well.

(30mb/s)

Could mean Mbps or megabytes per sec.

#7 Vertigoo

Vertigoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:34 PM

quote from first post: I tried reinstalling adobe flash player

quote from next post about the topic: and secondly i have written i have tried uninstalling flash player and using other browsers, do you have any other idea?

I didn't say uninstall + reinstall i said permanently uninstall and use HTML5 only, VLC player as well can watch YouTube vids, you could try that as well.

(30mb/s)

Could mean Mbps or megabytes per sec.

I am pretty sure mbps is just an acronym for megabytes per sec, and 30 megabytes per second is a reasonable download speed / bandwidth.

any relating to the topic you said youtube using only html5 today, so disabling flash will not help

and can you please enlighten me on how to use vlc on the web browser?

Edited by Vertigoo, 13 December 2016 - 01:34 PM.

#8 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:50 PM

Mbps means megabits per second, MBps stands for megabytes per second.

Your forgetting about upper case and lower case topic, that changes what your trying to say and why i was confused :tophat:

Youtube uses both HTML5 and flash player and will often default last i tested it to flash player if its installed, if its not then it runs in HTML5 mode and everything works in HTML5 on you tube in any case with firefox that is, just  trying to see if its flash player that's the problem.

my self i have 7Mbps and you don't even need that for watching vids.

VLC player is a open source media player, i know their some plugins for it when it comes to browsers but most places don't seem to use em anyways. By trying VLC i mean install it and go to a place like youtube and enter in the HTTP link in to VLC in the right way and you should be able to watch the vid if your firewall rules are setup for it and all, pain doing it this way but its just to see if the playback problem is still their on something that has nothing to do with a web browser.

As well when watching other media types in other players do you have the problem too ?

Ps: might be a lame question but is Vsink enabled ?

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Edited by shadow_647, 13 December 2016 - 01:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users