Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 7 ultimate, adobe flash, captcha

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 zz2003

zz2003

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 13 December 2016 - 08:01 AM

I have a home built desktop PC wit a intel i3-3220 cpu @ 3.30GHz 16gb of ram 64 bit running windows 7 ultimate.
The I have is using only opera and firefox as  browsers and anytime I want to run something that requires adobe flash I have to click start where indicated  as it would not start on its own (does the same on Firefox and flash is enabled in settings for both) 

When trying to click captcha boxes to indicate "I am not a robot" the actual box does not appear.

Abobe flash is updated when it indicates it needs to be

Adobe flash is enabled, in Opera as well as firefox.

You all are so awesome, thank you so much for all you do for us neophytes.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,504 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:36 AM

You have another active topic in the Am I Infected....forum. I suggest you finish up there first. The info you provided above

sounds a bit like your computer is part of a botnet.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 zz2003

zz2003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:40 AM

Ok I will hold off on this one I guess until the other is complete. I "THINK" it may be but no verdict as yet on the final log postings

Could you tell me what a bot net is?

I have seen the term...and that might explain why the computer seems to be active when I am not on it.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,504 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:53 AM

Network of private computers infected with malicious software and controlled as a group without the owners' knowledge, e.g., to send spam messages and

denial of service attacks.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,558 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:02 AM

Topic closed to avoid confusion, pending final disposition of topic in Am I Infected forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users