Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 10 cant boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tomuksas

tomuksas

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:21 AM

Hello,

i pressed shutdown and update. Update took about 2,5 h but it stuck on 99% and i didn't want to wait longer so i shut down it manually. After that it cant boot, i can see black screen with blue win logo and circle spinning. What i tried:

1. Boot to safe mode - but it don't work

2. System restore - but there isn't any system restore point

3. Startup repair - same.

When i add win 10  disk it says: it looks like you started an upgrade and booted from installation media. If you want to continue with upgrade, remove the media from your pc and click yes. If you want to perform a clean installation instead, click no.

Of course i can do fresh reinstall but i want some suggestion to boot win because i reinstalled win 3 days ago :).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:37 AM

To begin is recommended try to continue with the upgrade, if it will not work, You don't have any other options, if to reinstall and be more patient.

#3 bobjimmy123

bobjimmy123

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:02 PM

Did your network connection drop as it was updating? If it did then Windows update will hang like it did and will never finish unless it regains a connection. Something probably got screwed up with the hard boot so I would just reinstall Windows.

#4 tomuksas

tomuksas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:52 PM

I didn't notice. But it seems that i should save my personal files to usb and reinstall it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users