Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB keyboard wont type with my computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 frawzow

frawzow

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:13 AM

I have been trying to fix this for hours. I have gone everywhere to try to fix this and I havent found anything helpful. I know its a problem with my computer because of the fact that it doesnt work with ANY KEYBOARD AT ALL. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting my computer. I have also tried updating them but there dont seem to be any updates. My computer searches for like an hour and still has nothing to offer for it. This is extremely annoying and is honestly pissing me off quite a bit. Does anyone have a fix?
Thanks so much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,860 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 13 December 2016 - 03:53 AM

G'day frawzow, and Welcome to BC

What type/brand of keyboard

I am assuming the keyboard works on other PC's...

the computer....laptop or tower

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

Open the Device Manager, scroll down to Keyboards and click on it.  Double click on the keyboard that matches the one you are using, click on the Driver tab.  Uninstall the driver, restart Windows so that a new driver can be installed.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,860 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

any progress??

Do you still need help??

If this has been fixed/rectified, feel free to tell how you achieved that.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users