Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why dead pixels in a row?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SarpSerter

SarpSerter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

I bought a laptop and after a month of use i started getting a full row of dead pixels on screen, starting from the top of the screen all the way to bottom usually 3 lines next to each other. They are not black or white, they are colored. Its a little right side of the screen always in the same area. If i apply some pressure around the area more dead pixels pop and disappear when i stop applying pressure. I have used various dead pixel fixer software's that flash all colored lights on the problem area. This has fixed every time until now. 

Even though i have warranty on the laptop the company i bought from said that screen dead pixel warranty is only 1 month. So they are not helping me in any way.

Another thing to mention is that after i fix the pixels if i dont close the laptop case (flipping the screen on top of the keyboard) I dont get pixels. Every time i pack the laptop and put it in my bag when i open the dead pixel rows are back. Which makes me think that there is a problem with connection between the screen and the case.

All the software i use try to help people who seems to has a single dead pixel. Why are mine complete rows? Every time in the same place? 

I need help identify what the problem exactly is because I think i will try to fix it with a tech guy instead of the laptop company because they want to just change the complete screen and it costs a lot of money. I feel like there is something bent or bruised inside the cable connection of the screen.

Thank you for help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

I would not yet start opening up this computer with or without the help of a 'tech guy' - no more certain way going to end your warranty on the whole computer.

I would check the small print in your warranty - go on line to find the complete document if necessary - because this sounds like a load of rubbish. You live three hours East of me which puts you in the Bulgaria - Ukraine - Turkey region. If you are in the EU you have two years warranty on computers, and the screen is an essential part of the computer. If you are not in the EU then I cannot speak for your local regulations but this sounds like a company trying to get out of its obligations to its customers.

If nothing else, I would go back to them and ask them to point out exactly where in their waranty it says the screen is only covered for one month. But do this politely - at least the first time !  If you have any form of consumer protection group in your country you could ask them for help as well.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users