Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequent, short audio interruptions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sildave94

sildave94

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 AM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:13 AM

Hi everyone,

I've been having these short audio interruptions for quite a while now. Every now and then, the sound just disappears for about a second or so, then comes right bac. It doesn't seem to matter what audio device I use. I’ve tried taking the sound directly from the phone jack, taking it from a screen connected to the graphics card (Nvidia GTX 780), and even with a Bluetooth headset, connected via a USB dongle. The drivers for all these sound devices are up to date. I’ve also tried reinstalling the Realtek driver with Realtek’s driver install wizard, which technically worked, but didn’t solve the problem.

The problem occurred just out of the blue, not after upgrading to Windows 10, or something. 

What’s interesting, is that I have this problem with all my games, when listening to Spotify, when watching Netflix in a Browser, but I’ve never had it during a Skype call! I’ve recently played a game online while communicating with a friend over Skype, the game sound interrupted countless times, but the Skype audio never did.

About my hardware: honestly, I can’t tell you for sure what motherboard I’m using. I think it might be the ASUS z97. It’s definitely an ASUS, with some Realtek audio chip. The OS is Windows 10, all up to date.

Does anyone have any more suggestions on how to fix this, or at least where the problem might be? It even seemed to cause Spotify to stop playing on several occasions, although I’m not completely sure these incidents were connected to that problem.

Best,

Silas

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users