Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this a virus or a bug?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MatthewJ5

MatthewJ5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:25 AM

You know the search function in Windows? You click the icon in the bottom left corner, type something in, and results show up. Like in this case for example, Paint: https://i.imgur.com/9Ei7kOT.png

Well, I can't click my way into the program anymore! In order to navigate the results I have to use the directional keys on the computer, and in order to open the program I have to click Enter. If I try to open the program by clicking with the mouse, it just doesn't do anything. It's like it lags up.

Sometimes it doesn't work what so ever though, not even by clicking Enter, because it lags up in some weird way. The rest of the PC is functioning like usual, but the search field doesn't respond for maybe 20-30 seconds. And it certainly wasn't like this in the beginning when I first got my computer, a couple of months ago. Then things were running really smoothly.

So here's the question: Is this some type of virus perhaps? Or is it just Windows being Windows?

I've scanned by computer with Windows Defender, Malwarebytes, and even MWB Rootkit scanner. But I've come up with nothing. If it's a virus, it must be a really advanced yet pointless virus.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bobjimmy123

bobjimmy123

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:12 PM

Haha I've had that issue forever. I have a Windows 10 machine at work and this happens all the time. I have another one at home and I've never had an issue with this. It is 100% a Windows 10 bug that, like many other, they will probably never fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users