Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game Console: which one for multiplayer options?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cornflakes2

cornflakes2

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 PM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:51 AM

Yes, I've asked similar questions about this under tablets, and just pc gaming.  I am also curious about gaming consoles

like Xbox, playstation, and wii.  I currently have the wii and that is pretty good fun for kids/pre-teens in multiplayer games and options.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend anything better than the wii?  Is Xbox kinetic better than the wii?  Does PS4 have a lot of 

multiplayer options too where 4+ people can play together at the same time?

Should I just stick with the wii and buy add on options like steering wheels, and what other accessory controllers are out there for the will to enhance the gameplay experience?

OR

should I even look into VR units?  Are they available now?  Is Oculus Rift good for kids and multiplayer games or are there any more affordable VR units/consoles out there?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:17 PM

Don't bother with VR, it is still deep in development.

Xbox Kinect was a failure, in terms of games. Too late to the business and nothing to make it distinct from the Wii. It succeeded elsewhere.

There are a number of options for 2-4 players games on PS4 and the Xbox One. Diablo 3 springs to mind. As do sports games. Sadly, "couch-coop" games are dying, since there is a strong trend towards online gaming. The Steam platform (PC platform) is swelling with couch coop games these days. I hope this new SteamOS thing will usher in a new era of local multiplayer games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users