Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Tablet for Kids and multiplayer games?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cornflakes2

cornflakes2

• Members
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:42 AM

I need to buy 2 or 3 tablets mainly use for kids (around 12 years old or under).

I was wondering which tablets out there would be suitable?  I don't want something too expensive

nor too cheap (that might break easily or has poor performance).

I'm mainly looking to be able to play games that allows multiplayer function so that 2 or 3 kids can

all play together or against each other via bluetooth or wifi.   I know that minecraft is the most famous

game out there for multiplayer action where they can each be on their own phone or tablet and join

a server where they can play with their friends who are sitting next to them.

Are there any other kinds of apps/games that does this and is very enjoyable or even educational?

Any advice will be helpful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:13 PM

You might look at Amazon's Fire tablets.  They do have a version aimed at kids.  The positive of the kid's version is that they appear to have a pretty good replacement policy if it gets damaged.

[soapbox] backup = good...no backup = bad[/soapbox]

Please DO NOT PM me for computer help or advice or in response to my reply to your topic/issue. Instead, please post your reply to the forums. This is because there maybe more than just me trying to help you AND it ensures that any solutions to your issue are there in the original topic for others to learn from in the future.

The Bleeping Computer Welcome Guide
Bleeping Computer Forum Rules

Safe "Interneting" Tips

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 4,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 AM

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

Accepting that it is some little time since my wife was 10 or 12, she has had a Kindle Fire for about two years and it is hardly ever out of her hand! She has had no problems with it at all but she is probably more careful with it than children of that age would be.

For: reliable, simple to use and cheap. Against: battery life isn't brilliant, she gets about 3.5 hours out of a charge.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 tomtiha

tomtiha

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:37 AM

I think you should go for Kindle Fire 10 tablet. It is pretty neat tablet and gets the job done, also it comes with amazon underground where games, apps and in app items are free.

#5 scurvychef

scurvychef

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

Ypu can get a good to fair condition used ipad on ebay for a couple hundred bucks. Get that and a $15 case. Thats all my kids need. They are durable and what they really want anyway. No need to pay retail premiums. Get on that matches the mobile carrier you use- still works on wifi but gives you option to put in mobile of yoi wish someday. Unlimited rates are dropping

#6 alexoler

alexoler

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:43 AM

I wouldnt recommend an ipad or anything as these can break easily,since you want it for kids i would recommend a fire

They have a promotional offer going on,Also if your kids break it or anything they will replace it free of charge

https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Kids-Tablet-Display-Kid-Proof/dp/B018Y22C2Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1491151341&sr=8-1&keywords=kindle+kids

#7 CptRanger

CptRanger

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:20 AM

Both of my older children (7,8) have the amazon kindle fire. They love them and are never separated from them. Plus, they are easy enough to block content and purchases. They also watch movies on them in the car via netflix and the cars hotspot. So they were a great deal and you can get the 7in for like 30 bucks.

Cpt

#8 anajames

anajames

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:18 AM

For kids, i would recommend you get a Huawei Tablet. Sorry i cannot remember the model saw it with the neighbors daughter. Quite a good size and i guess it is cheaper than the Apple ones. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users