Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Volume control buttons broken.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:27 AM

So i woke up today and started the computer but the volume control button my keyboard has wont work and the internet icon is stuck on the loading animation (it was showing that there was no internet connection before that although there was) malwarebytes didnt start on boot up either and i cant open it from the taskbar or desktop because it only shows the cursor loading animation and when i tried pressing the open file location icon on the malwarebytes icon  explorer.exe popped up a message saying that there isnt enough memory for explorer to open (my computer is using the same amount of memory its always using) i tried opening another program and it doesnt show any error so theres definetely something going on because the only way i can browse any file on the computer is using an alternative to explorer and also lighshot refuses  to upload screenshots

Edit:I opened  process explorer and its showing that malwarebytes is only suspended (which is still shady) but its saying "unable to suspend the process" everytime i try resuming it. also i noticed the virus total component  of process explorer isnt working and only says hash submited also i cant even view youtube video because it only shows an error vlc doesnt do anything and windows media player is asking me to set it up.Windows is telling me that this copy of windows is not genuine also when i tried coming to this site to see if theres any new responce it told me it couldnt find the dns address before it loaded the site

Edit:Because its pretty much official windows (especially when nobody is helping) is done im starting to upload files i want to save on google drive but its taking forever.

TLDR Windows is slowly dying

Edited by inkoalawetrust, 12 December 2016 - 03:08 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

Twitter

Discord:inkoalawetrust#9783

Website

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 965 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:25 AM

Does everything work ok if you boot into Windows safe mode?

Are you using the new malwarebytes version 3?

#3 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:44 AM

Does everything work ok if you boot into Windows safe mode?

Are you using the new malwarebytes version 3?

i havent tried that yet and yes i am using malwarebytes version 3

Edit:One of the screensavers i had dowloaded got stuck and i had to press ctrl+alt+del also youtube is now completely broken and im to afraid to restart the computer because i know something worse will happen and its not like i can because google drive is taking forever to upload the files i want it too also my computer is incredibly slow.Also i cant open the control panel either because it shows the same message that it shows whenever i try opening explorer.

Edit:I booted into safe mode with networking and everything that was not working is working again (videos explorer malwarebytes control panel etc) so im going to try fixing it myself because clearly nobody is going to help me.

Edit:The same youtube problem seems to be happening WITH A SPECIFIC video i WANTED to watch but with no other video.

Edited by inkoalawetrust, 12 December 2016 - 02:57 PM.

Twitter

Website

#4 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:09 PM

Nevermind i fixed every single problem by myself instead of waiting here where nobody was going to respond because it turns out the forums here are an overglorified brick you can talk to.

Edited by inkoalawetrust, 12 December 2016 - 03:11 PM.

Twitter

Website

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:02 PM

:hysterical: ...thats a good one !....I like the phrase "overglorified brick ! "

The forum is probably a bit slow for your tastes.....I acknowledge that you want help ....quickly.

Can you tell us how you fixed the various problems ?....I was going to say that if you are uploading to google drive at the same time you are trying to watch youtube......that will put quite a bit of pressure on the pc.....and it may do strange things as well as going as slow as a brick...

Did the "specific" youtube video sort itself out ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#6 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

:hysterical: ...thats a good one !....I like the phrase "overglorified brick ! "

The forum is probably a bit slow for your tastes.....I acknowledge that you want help ....quickly.

Can you tell us how you fixed the various problems ?....I was going to say that if you are uploading to google drive at the same time you are trying to watch youtube......that will put quite a bit of pressure on the pc.....and it may do strange things as well as going as slow as a brick...

Did the "specific" youtube video sort itself out ?

i have no idea why the video i was tryign to watch on linux mint wasnt showing but the others did but it doesnt matter also i just booted into safe mode with networking where everything was working again and ran a scan with malwarebyte but avast would refuse to scan even though it worked (it could scan when the computer was booted normally)

Twitter

Website

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:38 PM

When you ran the scans/s.......was malwarebytes and avast both running at the same time ?....and.....were you also trying to watch a utube vid at the same time as well.........So...3 things happening at the same time ?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#8 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 314 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:40 AM

When you ran the scans/s.......was malwarebytes and avast both running at the same time ?....and.....were you also trying to watch a utube vid at the same time as well.........So...3 things happening at the same time ?

i was watching the video on LINUX MINT and no i didnt run the malwarebytes and avast scan at the sam time

Twitter

Website

#9 opera

opera

• Members
  • 965 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:15 AM

I must not have posted with suggestions to see if it was a software issue, (booting into safe mode).... I really thought I had :rolleyes: posted

Oh yes, I see i did... exactly an hour after you first posted :whistle:

Nevermind i fixed every single problem by myself instead of waiting here where nobody was going to respond because it turns out the forums here are an overglorified brick you can talk to.

Anyway glad to hear you got things sorted.

Try to stay calm when things go wrong with your pc... (they can sense it when you get riled and act worse :))

Edited by opera, 13 December 2016 - 01:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users