Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Prblms after instaling new screen MSi GX60 1AC-20US Win 8

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Drilen

Drilen

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2016 - 10:55 PM

Hey Guys!

I'm having problems with the instalation of a new screen. 
I have an MSi GX60 1AC-20US and the original screen presented some troubles so i decided to change it. The original screen is a LG LP156WF1 and i'm changing for a B156HW02 V1.

On Bios screen the new one seems to work perfectly but when goes to windows it start having problems, here is the picture:

Spoiler

I was trying to find the driver but i couldn't some suggestion ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:25 AM

If i didn't know any better id say check your refresh rates.

btw https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-7/announcement-46-please-provide-system-specifications-when-posting-a-problem/

Edited by shadow_647, 12 December 2016 - 12:25 AM.

#3 Drilen

Drilen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:37 AM

Oh man i love you, actually i achived this just playing at the resolution settings

Idk why this didnt work before. THank you <3

Btw :D in the tittle i have posted the model of notebook, OS and the models of the screens. what another information should be posted :/ ?

#4 Drilen

Drilen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:35 AM

Oh man i love you, actually i achived this just playing at the resolution settings

Idk why this didnt work before. THank you <3

Btw :D in the tittle i have posted the model of notebook, OS and the models of the screens. what another information should be posted :/ ?

Nop. the problem persist. i rebooted the notebook and failed again :/ 

#5 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:53 AM

Btw :D in the tittle i have posted the model of notebook, OS and the models of the screens. what another information should be posted

ah k, my bad.

Must have bin late or something, didn't pick up on that, my brain must have bin in sleep mode, of course the more info you add the better people can help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzfcxcdKRKo

Round of video hardware drivers might by in order and newer doesn't mean better, as well as well as drivers for your monitor, same I can't find drivers for the monitor too when i looked.

Seems the refresh rate for the {B156HW02 V1} is 60hz, default native res is 1920×1080, as well a monitor driver in older versions of windows doesn't  mean much, i use to load whatever i wanted driver wise in win98 just to have more refresh mode options sometimes.

Seems you have VGA and HDMI outputs, you try messing with that topic ?

Funny it works in the bios "low res" but not windows 8.

Whats the refresh rate on the monitor when it acts odd. you should be able to check from within the monitor GUI settings panel, worse case you could all ways RMA the thing.

#6 Drilen

Drilen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:28 PM

Btw :D in the tittle i have posted the model of notebook, OS and the models of the screens. what another information should be posted

ah k, my bad.

Must have bin late or something, didn't pick up on that, my brain must have bin in sleep mode, of course the more info you add the better people can help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzfcxcdKRKo

Round of video hardware drivers might by in order and newer doesn't mean better, as well as well as drivers for your monitor, same I can't find drivers for the monitor too when i looked.

Seems the refresh rate for the {B156HW02 V1} is 60hz, default native res is 1920×1080, as well a monitor driver in older versions of windows doesn't  mean much, i use to load whatever i wanted driver wise in win98 just to have more refresh mode options sometimes.

Seems you have VGA and HDMI outputs, you try messing with that topic ?

Funny it works in the bios "low res" but not windows 8.

Whats the refresh rate on the monitor when it acts odd. you should be able to check from within the monitor GUI settings panel, worse case you could all ways RMA the thing.

yeah, right now im using the HDMI output to write you and deal the problem.

All the refresh rates acts odd. in 30hz instead of being 4 tandem screen are 2.

what if i try to uninstall the video drivers and then i can't even use the HDMI output? :/ 

The seller gives me these indications:

"Scott wrote:

Please, update video drivers to the latest version from your laptop manufacturer's website. Also try logging in Safe mode so your laptop uses only default system video drivers and try changing the resolution.

If still needed, try re-seating RAM (memory) and CMOS battery (with the battery of the laptop removed).

However, if needed, we will assist you in sending the screen back for exchange."

I tried to run in safe mode but it doesnt work and the drivers are already updated.

Reseat RAM? CMOS battery? :$

Help & Thank you

#7 Drilen

Drilen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:20 PM

Ok guys now i found a way to make it work but it seems to work until reboot. 

What i do is:
Turn ON notebook with the old screen connected, then plug-in HDMI cable and then connect the new pin. 
Until now this system had work 2/3 times but doesnt fix the problem. its just a patch.

Some idea? RIght now im using the screen without any other screen.

#8 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:57 AM

Probably cus the computer/windows reads the Upnp data off the first screen and updates the driver/settings for it, then you hot swap one screen for the other on the fly tricking windows in to using the other monitors settings, i use to do that kind of thing in win98 that is to say  force windows to use any driver i wanted and not the driver it wanted even if the driver i wanted was never made for the screen i was using id do it anyways sometimes, use to make/mod my own drivers for win98 at times as well.

Do some research on the net for how to force your version of windows to do what you want it to on the monitor driver topic and you might be able to fix your problem.

If its that i mean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users