Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Games freeze unless ran by admin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rafaeleao

rafaeleao

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:56 PM

First my specs:
AMD A8-6600K APU processor
GA-F2A88XM-D3H motherboard
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960 videocard
Kingston SSD2.5 120gb ssd card
HD WD 1000gb hd
2x Corsair 4gb for 8gb ram
Win10 x64

Now to the problem
Quite some time ago I started having a weird problem with the game Overwatch, I played it fine for a good time until it suddenly started freezing 2-3 minutes after launching the game(the image would freeze but the sound would continue and I had to quit using the task manager), and every time after trying to run it again I would get a black screen. It started affecting other game like Heroes of the Storm and WoW which was when I contacted their support, but other games started to have the same problem (Warframe, Titanfall 2, Butcher...) when I finally got a response from blizz, they had me do many things to try to fix it, most about deleting background programs or defrag my HD, but what changed it was a clean removal of my video card drivers on safemode, and installing it again from the website. After that the games started to run fine, until at some point they would start with a blackscreen, this time tho it would show as "stopped working" and show that windows screen to "solve problem" or "close it", and it started happening to many more games, even ones I played a long time ago and did fine, but the catch is I would be able to play them fine if I set them to run as administrator. I thought it was weird, the support didn't give any insight and marked as solved, and until today, new games I get to play start with the same problem, forcing me to run them as administrator. Since this is obviously not a normal behavior to have to force every single game to run as admin, I thought I'd better find some help or at least figure out what is going on before something worse happens. So thanks in advance if you read this wall of text and if you are willing to help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:14 PM

How did you remove/reinstall GPU drivers? Like this?:

First, download the latest Nvidia Drivers

Then, download this: Wagnard's Display Driver Uninstaller - this is a GPU driver cleaner, it will definitely remove your GPU drivers, unlike official uninstallers. Note: There are some deceptive ads on the forum page.

• Run Wagnard's DDU - it may create a number of files in the same directory, like a .zip file, so you may have to run it in its own folder
  • Run the application, "DDU.exe" I believe is the name
  • Select the "best option", Safe Mode and Reboot
  • After the computer reboots to safe mode, run DDU if it does not open automatically
  • Choose the "best option", clean install and reboot I think it is called
  • After restarting install the AMD driver you downloaded first
  • Restart if prompted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users