Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Won't Post :(

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LookAtThisNet

LookAtThisNet

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

I'll get into details, but first specs:

Gigabyte 970A-UD3P MB

AMD FX-8320 CPU

EVGA GTX960 SC GPU

G.Skillz Ripjaw DDR3-1600 16gb (4x4) Ram

EVGA G2 850W PSU

Kingston 240gb SSD

As the title suggests, the computer won't post. It's connected to an Acer monitor via DVI connection. The computer does turn on, the LED's light up. I've tried everything, including reseating the CPU, RAM, and GPU. I managed to get it to post after disconnecting and reconnecting all PSU cables, and learned that the Bios was corrupted. It recovered, and booted into windows. Promptly after booting, I got a prompt to restart my computer to install graphics driver updates. After doing so, the computer would no longer post. I even tried resetting the CMOS. Any ideas as to what may have gone wrong and what I can do to fix? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:39 PM

Bios was corrupted

Any ideas on how this happened.

As well do you have any spair parts from other computers kicking arond ? might need some for testing.

#3 LookAtThisNet

LookAtThisNet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:40 PM

No idea how BIOS got corrupted. I also don't have any spare parts.

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:02 PM

You could try unpluging everything , leave the system with mobo only + cpu + one ram stick only, mess with your ram some to see if that changes Anything, try one ram stick in eatch slot, if it dousen't work out next ram stick same deal.

And try with out video card, should still post but beep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users