Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unusual Computer Freezing at Startup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nippolas

nippolas

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:43 PM

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

As a note, whenever I have problems I've always been able to resolve them by heavily researching and finding other individual's posts regarding similar issues. But aside from describing the issues, I can't pinpoint what the problem is -- if it's the hardware or monitor or whatever.

Preface: I've built my own PC about 1.5 months ago and solely use it for gaming. Literally have only downloaded the games I play, Google Chrome, and a media player.

So the problem is that whenever I wake my computer from Sleep or turn it on, I'll be met with a frozen screen with vertical stripes and a slight dimming (pictures included; I apologize for my lewd background). This will occur approximately 4-5 times in succession for a duration of ~4 seconds and then stop completely. Stop as in I'll never have any issues afterwards including while gaming. Furthermore, this only occurs whenever I wake or turn on my computer after a long time has passed. I haven't tested the required amount of time that's needed for it to occur again but it occurs when I turn it on first thing in the morning. If I put the computer on Sleep then wake it immediately afterwards, the issue does not occur.

I thought it would be an issue with the GPU and did a clean install of it but to no avail.

If anybody has any thoughts or inputs I'd gladly appreciate it.

Thanks again!

Attached File  IMG_2645.JPG   71.36KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_2651.JPG   97.14KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_2652.JPG   81.05KB   0 downloads

PC Stats

Intel core i5-6500

Kingston 8GB 4x2 D4 2400

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Samsung 250GB SSD

Gigabyte GTX1060 Windforce OC 6GB

Asus Z170-P

Coolmaster Hyper 212 EVO

EVGA 600W PSU

Edited by nippolas, 11 December 2016 - 05:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:08 PM

Full hardware and software stats plz, no one can relly help ya if they don't know what your using.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-7/announcement-46-please-provide-system-specifications-when-posting-a-problem/

#3 nippolas

nippolas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

Full hardware and software stats plz, no one can relly help ya if they don't know what your using.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-7/announcement-46-please-provide-system-specifications-when-posting-a-problem/

Sorry! Just added it.

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:30 PM

You mess with this topic any yet to see if it changes anything ?

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/windows-10-sleep-hibernation-settings,2-4.html

#5 Xoctane

Xoctane

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:04 AM

Could it be the monitor? What happens if you keep the PC on throughout the night (disable sleep) and just put the monitor in standby mode (as happens when your PC is idle), then move the mouse in the morning?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users