Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this a scam or a decent deal as i know nothing of pc gaming

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MatsHasQuestions

MatsHasQuestions

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:34 PM

So i'm getting into pc gaming and my nephew offfered to sell his gaming desktop to me because he will get a new one

he wants 1100 euros for the pc and the specs are

intel core i5 6400 quad core

8gb ram

GTX 1060

1terabite of memory

he just send me the basic specs but for the money is it a good deal or could i get better for that money?

thanks 

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 11 December 2016 - 06:58 PM.
Moved from Computer Gaming to 'Advice for buying a computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:04 PM

That equates to $1500 Australian......

$959 Australian (677 Euro) will buy you ....THIS   

specs :

v2_b.jpg

Specifications CPU

Intel 6th Gen Quad-Core i7 6700 3.4GHz ~ 4.0GHz (4 Cores 8 Threads) LGA1151 

CPU Cooler Model

Intel Stock Cooler 

Motherboard

Intel H110 Chipset Mobo: 
 - 4xSATA
 - USB2.0 & USB3.0
 - 2xDIMM DDR4 Slot
 - VGA / DVI / HDMI
(Asus / Gigabyte / AsRock / MSI )

RAM

16GB 2133MHz DDR4 RAM
(G.Skill / Kingston / Crucial / Corsair / Adata) 

Video Card

Intel Intergrated Graphics HD 530

Storage

1TB 7200rpm 3.5 Inch Desktop HDD
(Toshiba / Hitachi / Seagate / Western Digital / HGST ) 

120GB SSD
2.5 Inch SSD
(Sandisk / Samsung / Kingston / Crucial / Intel ) 

Optical Drive

24x DVD Burner
(LG / Samsung / Asus) 

Power Supply

Tsunami Model: 600W Power Supply
- EPS
- SATA Power 
- 4-pin Molex

Case

Vesta V2FX White
- USB2.0 & USB3.0
- Audio Port
- 2 x 120mm Multi Color Case Fan Included

The Operating System will cost you approx $159 Australian (112 Euro's ) Extra

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,049 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

Go to Ebay in your country.....and just type in gaming PC

Post any specs back here and someone will tell you if it is feasible to buy....the pros and cons etc etc

That nephew might be at the stage where he/she gets struck off the xmas card list

Edited by Condobloke, 11 December 2016 - 07:07 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

Video Card

Intel Intergrated Graphics HD 530

No video card worth talking about so no gaming their..

Power Supply Tsunami Model: 600W Power Supply

Sounds like a garbage PSU, under load testing i bet ya it pops at 75% of rated wattage, meaning 300watt worthless.

Intel H110 Chipset Mobo:

bios probably blows, not a gamer mobo, ill pass.

Over all id pass on that computer for $1000, i could probably do better on both computer topics though i don't know what prices are like in your part of the world.

#5 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:18 PM

he wants 1100 euros for the pc and the specs are

intel core i5 6400 quad core

8gb ram

GTX 1060

1terabite of memory

he just send me the basic specs but for the money is it a good deal or could i get better for that money?

thanks 

What country are you in? That plays a big roll. In some euro based countries that's a a great deal, while in others you'd be getting boned. In Germany, for instance, it wouldn't be that good for the price. It'd be average at best. 

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#6 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,411 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:51 AM

Personally I think that's a bit high for a used system.

What games are you looking to play?

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:11 AM

After you find the desktop you want, purchase and use a PS/2 keyboard and a PS/2 mouse, PS/2 response is normally faster than usb KB/MSE response.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#8 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,364 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:23 PM

After you find the desktop you want, purchase and use a PS/2 keyboard and a PS/2 mouse, PS/2 response is normally faster than usb KB/MSE response.

Hmm. Not many nice PS/2 keyboards though. None that I have seen. And the difference in delay has seemed marginal to me.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#9 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:18 AM

Use to be more of a difference back in the old days, when the first USB setups showed up they were kind of bad and acted like a vampire on the cpu and ram,USB last i checked isn't really based on hardware, its more software then hardware and the driver for it is like a hardware emulator then a driver, a true driver works in DOS and hardly needs ram  to work, think 640k ram computers.

For twitch shooter games PS/2 was the way to go, lol hell i still have two mice that are for serial port.

The USB vs PS2 vs serial port topic maters less in this day and age because computers have very strong cpus and piles of ram.

#10 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2016 - 09:58 AM

Acknowledged!  I learned again what works for me does not mean it will work for others.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#11 MatsHasQuestions

MatsHasQuestions
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:41 PM

For the people wondering i live i belgium. no pc shops or anything near me where i can salvage/barter for cheaper products. if i want to build a costum pc myself i will have to ship it. The game i am planning to play are the witcher 3, bannerlord, overwatch, hearthstone and many more. thanks forallof your opinions i still have time left to decide

#12 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:54 PM

I use to game with someone for years that was from Belgium, PC Prices their are brutal from what i remember.

#13 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:45 PM

For the people wondering i live i belgium.

Ahh ok. Yeah your "friend" is pulling one over on you. He's charging you sticker price for those parts. He probably bought everything new, and overpaid, and is now trying to dump it off onto you for the same price. 

I price checked using this site- https://www.codima.be

Here's the full list of Belgium sites from Tomshardware thread.

Proximon Aug 15, 2012, 8:55 AM (TomsHardware)

Belgium
Pixmania
Codima
Forcom Multimedia Hotshop <--- Sells lots of overclocking, cooling, and gaming-specific components
Info Occases <--- Kind of like a Radio Shack for Belgium, sells more accessories (ink, toner, wires, etc) with a few PC parts on the side
Tones.be
Bytes At Work <---- Geared toward gamers

Feel free to price check yourself so you can see what I mean. Yeah, not a good friend, or really does not know what he's doing. 

Edited by SEANIA, 17 December 2016 - 06:46 PM.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#14 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,049 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

I would hazard a guess......that being a nephew ....he is probably similar to most nephews....and thinks that you have the worlds money repository at your fingertips.......

GcnI1aH.jpg

#15 vals24

vals24

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

Really depends on what country you live in but that does seem quite expensive for just a 1060 build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users